Thread: Charles Branstrom Open-carry activist plans Green Bay demonstration after viral video

Charles Branstrom Open-carry activist plans Green Bay demonstration after viral video

"Charles Branstrom said he expects several people to openly carry firearms early Sunday in the area where an arrest took place last weekend near Stir-Ups Parlor and Saloon on S. Washington St. in downtown Green Bay. "Even though I open carry, usually my message is very subtle," Branstrom told the Press Gazette. "We're trying to get people to know self defense and carry a firearm and that. I guess this time it's a little more in your face."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...256688361.html

Open-carry activists to show opposition of GBPD officer

Google Real time coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=d4733z0iyrWXxJM

Don't miss the MJS comments, the GBPG has gone down due to the huge traffic on this.

Hmm, www.greenbaypressgazette.com isn't loading right now.

OpenDNS: The servers that run www.greenbaypressgazette.com are having some trouble. This is usually just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.
    Wonder where Wisconsin's Cary Fagin will come on this.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-25-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

“It blows my mind (the officer) did that,”
    god that kid is an embarrassment to adults and firearms owners. did he get beat up as a kid or have an abusive dad, or not able to get into the military or something?
    truly embarrassing.
    Last edited by chowda; 04-29-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by chowda View Post
    god that kid is an embarrassment to adults and firearms owners. did he get beat up as a kid or have an abusive dad, or not able to get into the military or something?
    truly embarrassing.

The only people embarrassed was the media. The "protest" was last Saturday night. Have you not seen the News report of this? I have. Mr. Brandstrom and his protesters duped the media into thinking they were going to show up heavily armed. NO ONE in the news report is open carrying anything; just directing the focus of the "protest" on the alleged actions of the police officer.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

I hope someone from WI will post the results of the police investigation on this thread - or link to where the results are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I hope someone from WI will post the results of the police investigation on this thread - or link to where the results are posted.
    I'd expect it here https://local.nixle.com/alert/5184003/ At least notice of the completion of the investigation.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    The only people embarrassed was the media. The "protest" was last Saturday night. Have you not seen the News report of this? I have. Mr. Brandstrom and his protesters duped the media into thinking they were going to show up heavily armed. NO ONE in the news report is open carrying anything; just directing the focus of the "protest" on the alleged actions of the police officer.
    I'm confused.... i thought the point of a protest was to draw attention from fellow citizens to an issue/cause that you believe in. This instance the issue being the prior arrest.

How do you draw attention by "duping the media"? Seems kind if counterintuitive.

"Hey come look at our protest and interview us! Just kidding we won't be there that day or doing what we said we would!"

Maybe I'm missing something...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I'm confused.... i thought the point of a protest was to draw attention from fellow citizens to an issue/cause that you believe in.
    that was so five minutes ago. OK joking aside.

it's all about being the al sharpton of the firearms community, whenever there's the potential for a camera and microphone, get there as quickly as possible to get in front of it.
    if it's a slow day, then play dress up, grab your belt fed AR and with belts of ammo on across your shoulders, walk around the parks and farmers markets until the police and cameras show up......

Maybe I'm missing something...
    if you didn't their 'logic', then you may be more normal than you think.
    Last edited by chowda; 04-29-2014 at 07:40 PM.