Thread: Militia guarding against land grab

Militia guarding against land grab

I wonder if the militia is going to guard against the eminent domain land grabs by the Keystone pipeline project where a for-profit foreign company is taking privately owned land from American citizens. That's bad, right? Just pointing out that keystone requires the government to appropriate land from ranchers, which is more like tyranny than requiring a rancher to pay grazing fees.

Non sequitur. The pipeline will like impact little in the way of farming or ranching, the footprint of the pipeline is to be considered in the same vein as power lines.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Non sequitur. The pipeline will like impact little in the way of farming or ranching, the footprint of the pipeline is to be considered in the same vein as power lines.
    My experience is that a pipeline crosses private property on an easement and at depths unlikely to be disturbed. OPie is an hysteric.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    My experience is that a pipeline crosses private property on an easement and at depths unlikely to be disturbed. OPie is an hysteric.
    A very singular observation.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    I wonder if the militia is going to guard against the eminent domain land grabs by the Keystone pipeline project where a for-profit foreign company is taking privately owned land from American citizens. That's bad, right? Just pointing out that keystone requires the government to appropriate land from ranchers, which is more like tyranny than requiring a rancher to pay grazing fees.
    How is this possible ? The pipeline hasn't even been approved.

Can you point to some specific private lands that have been seized through eminent domain ?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post

Can you point to some specific private lands that have been seized through eminent domain ?
    Trolling?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...e-eminent.html
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ka-court-order

Kelo decision. SCOTUS went there and they will not likely go back there.