• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

transporting my firearm while I'm in Alabama for the weekend.

punisher5d

Can I carry my firearm in my vehicle while I'm in Alabama for the weekend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

FTG-05

If you have a permit from your home or other state, it's recognized by AL; AL recognizes all permits from all other states.

Carrying a gun in a vehicle, open or concealed, requires a permit. OC while walking around, not required. CC requires a permit. No permit, you can transport the gun in a vehicle in a locked container without ammo, not available to the driver or passengers; read the reg's posted above.

punisher5d

Thanks I called state police. They said it has to be concealed but inform the office if I get stopped to notify him thanks

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks I called state police. They said it has to be concealed but inform the office if I get stopped to notify him thanks

Goes to prove the caveat about asking LEO for legal advice.

It most assuredly does not have to be concealed when the actor has a permit.

FTG-05

Goes to prove the caveat about asking LEO for legal advice.

It most assuredly does not have to be concealed when the actor has a permit.

Nor is AL a "must inform" state. Fail for the OP for calling the police, the last people that should be asked about gun laws. Derp!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continue to prove themselves to be gun shop employees, CCW Instructors and LEOs, in no particular order. With today's technology, there is no excuse for not looking up the actual statute and see what it says.
Ifn you cain't trust them fellers, who kens you trust?

Confirm, confirm, confirm.