• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My OC experience

Law abider

Oh and talking about interaction with officers, yesterday I also went to see my buddy, the new chief of Prescott. He was eating lunch at Philander's, a sports bar. No signs, I walked in OCing. He was with his drug enforcement officer. Both were decked out. Ordered a burger. Yapped with him bec he is leaving to see his mom for 2 weeks in the south. Frendly atmosphere and frendly waitress. My tax attorney was there scarfing his head off. Chief had to go, I stayed back and was about to leave when an older gentleman asked me if I was the sheriff. I said no. I was wearing a 'support Bill Parks' button. Then he said why are you wearing a gun. It is my in alienable right to protect my self, spelled out in 2A. He is a Vietnam vet and didn't know this. How sad. And No problema with my 357 on my hip. I think the waitress liked this.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

On Friday night I was on my way to Lacrosse from Mauston when we went past a state trooper who pulled us over for not wearing seat belts (Dooh). Not a word was said about my pistol on my right hip which was plainly visible form the passenger window where she walked up to, to avoid traffic. She never even asked if there were weapons in the vehicle. BUT it does help if she lives 3 blocks away from me, my wife is friends with her, and her husband has my daughter in his class in school. We walk our dog past her house all the time all while I am OC'ing.

Last edited:

Maverick9

On Friday night I was on my way to Lacrosse from Mauston when we went past a state trooper who pulled us over for not wearing seat belts (Dooh). Not a word was said about my pistol on my right hip which was plainly visible form the passenger window where she walked up to, to avoid traffic. She never even asked if there were weapons in the vehicle. BUT it does help if she lives 3 blocks away from me, my wife is friends with her, and her husband has my daughter in his class in school. We walk our dog past her house all the time all while I am OC'ing.

Just to be clear there is no right of the officer to demand you answer any questions regarding your permitted carry firearm. They can ask to see your permit.

Glad your interaction was a good one. Wear your seatbelts!

Per Gunlaw.us:
175.60 (2g) (c) Unless the licensee or out-of-state licensee is carrying a concealed weapon in a manner described under s. 941.23 (2) (e), a licensee who is carrying a concealed weapon shall display his or her license document and photographic identification card and an out-of-state licensee who is carrying a concealed weapon shall display his or her out-of-state license and photographic identification card to a law enforcement officer upon the request of the law enforcement officer while the law enforcement officer is acting in an official capacity and with lawful authority.
Carry