• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SPECIAL MEMORIAL DAY OC Breakfast Sat 5/24 9:30 AM River City Diner I-95 & Parham Rd

HPmatt

I gratefully arrived in VA this morning - was on the Dallas cabin crew training flight with 2 newbies, 2 trainees and I think this was the pilot's first time outside the simulator to land a Super 80. I'm up for Richmond on Saturday morning but need to move on to Gastonia SC by Saturday night. Plan to walk Kings Mountain and Cowpens battlegrounds Sunday morning. Hope the van tour works for Saturday but that would miss Patrick Henry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

scouser

I gratefully arrived in VA this morning - was on the Dallas cabin crew training flight with 2 newbies, 2 trainees and I think this was the pilot's first time outside the simulator to land a Super 80. I'm up for Richmond on Saturday morning but need to move on to Gastonia SC by Saturday night. Plan to walk Kings Mountain and Cowpens battlegrounds Sunday morning. Hope the van tour works for Saturday but that would miss Patrick Henry.

The re-enactments are on Sundays so the Saturday 'tour' wouldn't interfere. If memory serves me correctly the re-enactments run from Memorial Day to Labor Day if you're planning on returning

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Welcome back to Virginia.

Hope they didn't bounce you around too much, any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing.

Think we may be able to fit [strike]Patric Henry into the tour +[/strike] General Assembly Bldg or just to take your picture with Geo. Washington in the rotunda of the Capitol building - will check with our tour director.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We're keeping the traditional 9:30 AM start time - unless someone decides differently & posts both in Events and the other part of the Va forum.

You let us know when you want to be on the road to get to Gastonia. (Mapquest says 5 hours) That way we can figure out how much time we have and set up the tour route.

If you have any special sights (besides OCing in the Capitol) let us know so the tour director will be sure to include them.

stay safe.

Gallowmere

Well, I will most definitely be there. The wife is also trying to convince her mother and grandmother, who will be here from Connecticut on "vacation" to break their itinerary for that day, and attend. Hell, they always want to look at stuff around Richmond, so this would be a great way to do it. Plus, they are among the 2A advocates from CT, so we could end up with attendance from three states.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, I will most definitely be there. The wife is also trying to convince her mother and grandmother, who will be here from Connecticut on "vacation" to break their itinerary for that day, and attend. Hell, they always want to look at stuff around Richmond, so this would be a great way to do it. Plus, they are among the 2A advocates from CT, so we could end up with attendance from three states.
That would be fantastic! Let us know.

HPmatt

Works for me to depart Richmond 1-2pm. Sunset about 830 so plenty of time to tour.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Suggest bumping up breakfast to 8:30 am - just a little bit more time for other things.

HPmatt

See yall then. Will bring my pistol.

sidestreet

Mo' better for me too!

However, I will not be able to make the bus tour. :( Maybe next time. :)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Liberty-or-Death

Wife and I ended up in Cadillac Michigan today. Last minute decision was made to visit family and because her grandma has been very ill. Hope everyone enjoyed the breakfast and tour.

μολών λαβέ