• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hope this guy is not on OC.org

Dave_pro2a

Looks like we have our very own George Zimmerman right here in Washington....

now that, I am sure, is going to stir some people's pots....

The dangers of a 'George Zimmerman" are far less than the dangers of a Ian Birk, or the 15 officers who did this to an innocent man:

110608_Brian_Torgerson.jpg

Or all the racists cops who either kicked this innocent and defenseless person, or sat and watched it happen without stopping or reporting it:

120627_spd_video_2.jpg

Disparity of power. I'd rather have 100 Zimmermans running around Seattle than the corrupt LEO that seem to be killing, maiming and assaulting innocent people with impunity.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Oh, I don't know....two non-LEO attempting to detain people who are doing nothing wrong....sounds like pretty similar circumstances to me.

Choking a compliant 'suspect' until he is unconscious.

I see your two and raise you three: five cops were involved.

article-2614386-1D67EED000000578-808_636x382.jpg

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

All I am saying is that it sounds like Wilmore and Zimmerman have similarities. I am not saying the police are any better. The biggest difference is that the subject that Wilmore detained did not fight back, but Trevon Martin did. So, that begs the question - what if it was one of us armed citizens that Wilmore attempted to detain? Wilmore tells you to hand over or drop your firearm, what are you gonna do?

Ahhhh intriguing discussion, I see what you are saying. With me depends on the circumstances but I almost shot a cop who didn't immediately identified himself as one and was pointing his gun at me. So I can easily see it going both ways.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ahhhh intriguing discussion, I see what you are saying. With me depends on the circumstances but I almost shot a cop who didn't immediately identified himself as one and was pointing his gun at me. So I can easily see it going both ways.
In a perfect world, you'll always be right. Unfortunately, we aren't there yet.

OC for ME

He's too busy fighting crime.....well, he was too busy. If the claiming he is a cop allegation is true throw the book at him. If he wants to be able to draw down on peaceful folks for "safety" he needs to be issued a badge and get state permission.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Begs the question, modus ponens affirming the antecedent, just what is a perfect world?

Mother Nightmare taught that this world is all the Heaven and all the Hell that we will see, determined by what we make of it.
It is a personal, mental condition/POV - just ask Bill Clinton.

Geerolla

Zimmerman was investigating someone suspicious. This guy was harassing citizens he thought were known criminals, when they weren't. If you think that's noble you need to get your head checked.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Zimmerman was investigating someone suspicious. This guy was harassing citizens he thought were known criminals, when they weren't. If you think that's noble you need to get your head checked.

Zimmerman was observing and reporting. See no need to beat that dead horse further.

Post borders on a personal attack/insult.