• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to get into shooting

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
.....A Washington CPL allows for the carry of one concealed pistol, even if this is in addition to an OC firearm.
Note that you can only have one of them loaded and on you in a vehicle though.

I have been known to carry more than one weapon at a time in various locations on my person.
A large number of people read this website and use this information in their daily lives. Incorrect information or misleading information could get someone who uses it in trouble with local LEOs. This is why references to law are required when making the rash statements you have posted. Please bear with us as we are old and experienced and do not have the same exuberance of youth you have.

As you are the one making the assertion, your, imho, should be the one citing case law to back up your claim.
stay safe.

Perkins

Well that answers that, I stand (happily) corrected, thanks Nightmare. As a side note, I checked my CPL (issued by the Stevens County sheriff's office); the relevant text is 'The person described hereon is licensed to carry concealed pistols...', the Spokane County license simply is titled 'Washington State concealed pistol license'.

RCW 1.12.050 Number and gender.

Words importing the singular number may also be applied to the plural of persons and things; words importing the plural may be applied to the singular; and words importing the masculine gender may be extended to females also.

[1891 c 23 § 1, part; Code 1881 §§ 756, 965, 1920; 1877 p 153 § 761; 1857 p 45 § 1; 1854 p 99 § 135 and p 221 § 502; RRS § 148.]

Notes:
Reviser's note: This section is a part of 1891 c 23 § 1. The introductory phrase of that section provides: "The following provisions relative to the construction of statutes shall be rules of construction and shall constitute a part of the code of procedure of this state:".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050
The relavent section is 'license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person', note the use of the singular. To the best of my knowledge, there is no case law on this; but, there are several other locations where reference is made to 'a' or 'the' concealed pistol. In no place I can find is reference made to carrying multiple concealed pistols. The warning about having two loaded in a car is because a pistol on your person in a car is considered concealed. I think there is a decent probability you'd get away with it, but I also think that (due to the lack of case law), a cop may decide to give you a hard time over it. Of course, if someone has heard of case law or some other authoritative answer on this, I'd love to hear about it.

--snipped
As you are the one making the assertion, your, imho, should be the one citing case law to back up your claim.

Indeed Rule #5 of the Forum Rules places the responsibility for providing the cite on the one making the claim.

Generally in law, when the singular form is used the plural may be substituted equally unless the limitation is clearly spelled out/defined.

Example: One must have a permit to carry a gun concealed - 2 or 3 guns would be legal with the same permit...unless the law specifically limited a person to only carrying/concealing one gun.

Also as noted laws generally define what one cannot do, not what is legal. Therefore, absenting a statute making carrying more than one gun illegal, such is by omission legal.

FattyKrack

Hello and welcome to OCDO. I find a lot of good intel here, lots of good info to learn. There IS another site you may want to check out. I know there are a few members in your area, in addition to a "Places to shoot" map:
www.WaGuns.org
Best of luck to you in your experiences!

Last edited: