• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO GUNS ALLOWED Lapeer county central dispatch.

lapeer20m

there is a sign posted that reads:

ATTENTION

ALL Firearms are prohibited
beyond this point.

Secure area.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/847258...n/photostream/

Except this area isn't really secure, at least not all the time. They hold public meetings on the other side of that door. They also hold meetings from the local ham radio club, in which the public is welcome to attend. I've been through that door more than 20 times and i'm nobody special. The sign is new.

If that was a secure area they do have the right to prohibit people from entering but they cannot prevent people from entering simply because they possess a firearm.

I will keep you all posted.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
there is a sign posted that reads:

ATTENTION

ALL Firearms are prohibited
beyond this point.

Secure area.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/847258...n/photostream/

Except this area isn't really secure, at least not all the time. They hold public meetings on the other side of that door. They also hold meetings from the local ham radio club, in which the public is welcome to attend. I've been through that door more than 20 times and i'm nobody special. The sign is new.

If that was a secure area they do have the right to prohibit people from entering but they cannot prevent people from entering simply because they possess a firearm.

I will keep you all posted.

have you open carried back there or did they put up the sign because of someone else?

lapeer20m

I believe the sign was put there because of someone else.

These guys are great to deal with as far as foia requests go. They often fulfill the request on the same day. I have either cc or not carried at all when conducting business with them because I believe that poking them with a stick could negatively impact our relationship. They could easily make me work a lot harder to obtain foia requests.

Monday when I go pick up my latest request I plan to begin the process of having the sign removed.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

For those that don't know lapeer20m works with these folks at times, so his reluctance to oc when there is somewhat understandable. It is sad that one must worry about "poking the bear" when simply doing everyday things lawfully. :( Good work Lapeer20m. Keep us updated. +1