• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking Pictures While Open Carrying = Terrorist

onus

First Amendment right....check.

Second Amendment right.......check.

Terrorist......check.

[video=youtube;eub0xRtsRJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eub0xRtsRJ4[/video]

davidmcbeth

Banned
If ya call 100 guys a terrorist .. I'll bet that 1 out of the 100 will say "what the hey, may as well be one!"

Good job gov't officials.

onus

If ya call 100 guys a terrorist .. I'll bet that 1 out of the 100 will say "what the hey, may as well be one!"

Good job gov't officials.

well harry reid called about 50 million people domestic terrorists.

the NSA is spying on phone calls of 130 million americans because of terrorism

so basically almost everyone in America is a terrorist....according to the government

Primus

well harry reid called about 50 million people domestic terrorists.

the NSA is spying on phone calls of 130 million americans because of terrorism

so basically almost everyone in America is a terrorist....according to the government

Umm... no. He called the dude saying he wanted to use women and children as shield a domestic terrorist and anyone who supported that idea.

Now who's taking things out of context?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

countryclubjoe

The Gentleman photographer handled the encounter with class.. Making the aggressive, scared guys, look like bullies will always play out well in court if and when the bullies over step their authority...

I would like to know the cost to the tax payer regarding this incident. Seems like a ton of man power for one guy with a gun in plain sight and a camera....

The birthday quote was great..

Regards

CCJ

stealthyeliminator

Lawsuit justified? He told him that he was detained and then told him that it was as a result of his curiosity - not reasonable suspicion that a crime had been committed.

Birthday comment was priceless.

My response to him talking about taking pictures around my house would have been "Google's taken a picture of every front door in America, including mine, and I'm sure they've taken pictures of your federal building, too!"

countryclubjoe

I said it ones and I will probably say it a million times... Corrupt public servants that think they have some power over the regular Joe citizen are at war with the video recorder and the citizen operating said recording device.

Think of this, if the tyrants are willing or stupid enough to lie and abuse a citizen while being recorded just think how abusive said tyrant would conduct himself/herself if there were no video rolling.... Scary though my friends...

I can handle arrogance and I can handle ignorance, however I just can't handle them both together....

My .02

CCJ

countryclubjoe

Lawsuit justified? He told him that he was detained and then told him that it was as a result of his curiosity - not reasonable suspicion that a crime had been committed.

Birthday comment was priceless.

My response to him talking about taking pictures around my house would have been "Google's taken a picture of every front door in America, including mine, and I'm sure they've taken pictures of your federal building, too!"

Hi Stealthyeliminator

Until the curious leo and his curious crones actual arrest the citizen there really is no justifiable lawsuit to file.. When a citizen is arrested then standing is created.... I could see it now... Judge to Curious Leo, you detained and kidnapped Mr. Video citizen because you were curious about his photography hobby? Reply from Leo, Yes your Honor we were all so very curious even the pilot of the helicopter was very curious that night so we decided to fly the defendant photographer to jail and steal his video camera and gun to satisfy our curiosity, we felt our curiosity and safety was and is more important then his Constitutional Rights....

Regards

CCJ

onus

Until the curious leo and his curious crones actual arrest the citizen there really is no justifiable lawsuit to file..

Completely false.

I know of 4 current and recent lawsuits that involved only detentions of photographers.

The city of Torrance California paid over $100,000 to a photographer who was detained for photographing a refinery shortly after 9-11.

The ACLU recently won a lawsuit over LA County sheriff deputies detaining a photographer on 3 occasions for photographing public subways.

Additionally, I might have some insider knowledge of a pending lawsuit over detentions of some videographers at another oil refinery.

countryclubjoe

Completely false.

I know of 4 current and recent lawsuits that involved only detentions of photographers.

The city of Torrance California paid over $100,000 to a photographer who was detained for photographing a refinery shortly after 9-11.

The ACLU recently won a lawsuit over LA County sheriff deputies detaining a photographer on 3 occasions for photographing public subways.

Additionally, I might have some insider knowledge of a pending lawsuit over detentions of some videographers at another oil refinery.

Hi Onus

Good news. What was the cause of action? What jurisdiction? Please cite the case when applicable.
Good work.
REgards
CCJ