Thread: Carlos de la Cruz, crusader

Carlos de la Cruz, crusader

Apparently he disapproves of open carry. And likes to make idle threats. That's gangsta!

http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogs...a-policia.html

There are a lot of crusaders in the world. Everyone's got their opinions, sometimes people feel theirs is the only one that is correct.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

The problem with that is he took an oath to protect the constitution. After you take the oath, your opinion ceases to be relevant. Unless you don't honor it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    The problem with that is he took an oath to protect the constitution. After you take the oath, your opinion ceases to be relevant. Unless you don't honor it.
    OK OK OK ... lets get this resolved.

Police do not take OATHS to defend the constitution.

If they did, and they did not defend then they could be put in prison. But they cannot be put in prison just for not performing their jobs. They can only be fired.

One cannot violate an oath. One can ignore their job responsibilities.

Police make a promise ... not accept an oath.

Soldiers accept an oath - if they violate the oath then they can be imprisoned.

I don't tell cops that they are violating some oath when there is none. Want to get under their skin? Then call them cowards for not defending the constitution.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    OK OK OK ... lets get this resolved.

Police do not take OATHS to defend the constitution.

If they did, and they did not defend then they could be put in prison. But they cannot be put in prison just for not performing their jobs. They can only be fired.

One cannot violate an oath. One can ignore their job responsibilities.

Police make a promise ... not accept an oath.

Soldiers accept an oath - if they violate the oath then they can be imprisoned.

I don't tell cops that they are violating some oath when there is none. Want to get under their skin? Then call them cowards for not defending the constitution.
    Really? A very quick search shows many references to police jurisdiction oaths. Here's the text of the Tulsa, OK Oath, for instance...

Oath of Office

Having been duly appointed a police officer of the City of Tulsa and peace officer of the State of Oklahoma, I do solemnly swear that I will defend, enforce, and obey the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Oklahoma, and the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Tulsa.

That I will obey the lawful orders of my superior officers and the regulations of the Tulsa Police Department.

That I will protect the rights, lives, and property of all citizens and uphold the honor of the police profession with my life if need be.

This I solemnly swear.

And how about Anaheim, CA:

Police Officer Oath of Office

I, do solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance, to the Constitution of the State Of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties, of the office of Police Officer of the City of Anaheim, acting to the best of my ability.

And how about this one excerpted from the Utah State Trooper magazine:

After being trained, and before being given a badge and gun, and allowed to go out and exercise full police powers, all officers must first take an oath of office.

The wording of oaths taken by police officers, and other public officials, may vary slightly from state to state. However, they are all simple and straightforward. The affiant solemnly swears to support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States, the constitutions of their respective States, and to perform their duties with fidelity. The oath police officers in Utah swear to is found in Article IV, Section 10, of the Utah Constitution and reads: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this State, and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity.”

Need more examples?
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 04-28-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

This site needs a like button.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Really? A very quick search shows many references to police jurisdiction oaths. Here's the text of the Tulsa, OK Oath, for instance...

Oath of Office

Having been duly appointed a police officer of the City of Tulsa and peace officer of the State of Oklahoma, I do solemnly swear that I will defend, enforce, and obey the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Oklahoma, and the Charter and Ordinances of the City of Tulsa.

That I will obey the lawful orders of my superior officers and the regulations of the Tulsa Police Department.

That I will protect the rights, lives, and property of all citizens and uphold the honor of the police profession with my life if need be.

This I solemnly swear.

And how about Anaheim, CA:

Police Officer Oath of Office

I, do solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance, to the Constitution of the State Of California; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties, of the office of Police Officer of the City of Anaheim, acting to the best of my ability.

And how about this one excerpted from the Utah State Trooper magazine:

After being trained, and before being given a badge and gun, and allowed to go out and exercise full police powers, all officers must first take an oath of office.

The wording of oaths taken by police officers, and other public officials, may vary slightly from state to state. However, they are all simple and straightforward. The affiant solemnly swears to support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States, the constitutions of their respective States, and to perform their duties with fidelity. The oath police officers in Utah swear to is found in Article IV, Section 10, of the Utah Constitution and reads: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this State, and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity.

Need more examples?
    ....... Crickets. How unsurprising.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    ....... Crickets. How unsurprising.

well, considering that its davidmcbeth...lol