• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First kinda negative OC experience

davidmcbeth

Banned
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was intrigued by this post. For my own edification, I went to my Secretary of State (SOS) website and did a quick search for Trader Joe.

The short version...you may not be dealing with the the actual business; there is a business entity called "registered agent", a middle man of sorts.

Screen shots as attachments: Links follow for what I discovered.

In this case (click on the green link below search results) it seems TJ has an agent named Paracorp.
If you click the additional information link from the previous result you find business governing information.

So...what the heck / who is Paracorp? Google foo says ......Paracorp Inc, and they have a website, Parasec dot com.

I tend to agree with davidmcbeth with regard to skiping the manager and making my case elsewhere.

~Whitney

The "registered agent" is simply a company that can accept legal service for the company. Usually you can serve the president of the company or the registered agent or another officer of the company for civil service. I always serve the reg. agent because there is never any question that he can accept service for the company.

HPmatt

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was intrigued by this post. For my own edification, I went to my Secretary of State (SOS) website and did a quick search for Trader Joe.

The short version...you may not be dealing with the the actual business; there is a business entity called "registered agent", a middle man of sorts.
We only visited trader joes when we visited relatives in CA, keep hoping they'd come to Dallas. About 3-4 years ago Aldi did come, then Trader Joes - obviously setting up distribution centers/channels is easier for the Aldi grocery stores, then roll out Trader Joes on top of it. Want to say one of the Aldi brothers died a few years ago. Both of the guys were/are billionaires in Germany and are/were on Forbes 400 list.

From Wiki

Trader Joe's is an American privately held chain of specialty grocery stores headquartered in Monrovia, California, in Greater Los Angeles. As of May 2013, Trader Joe's had a total of 408 stores.[1] Approximately half of its stores are in California, with the heaviest concentration in Southern California, but the company also has locations in 30 other states and Washington, D.C..[5]

Trader Joe's was founded by Joe Coulombe and has been owned since 1979 by a German family trust established by Aldi Nord's owner Theo Albrecht.[6] The chain has offices in Monrovia, California and Boston, Massachusetts.[7]

BikerGuy57

I've been following this thread about Aldi's. I love a good argument especially when I have someone else on my side against the manager. There's no need to get upset and no need to send emails, and etc.

Here's a tip for you. If you don't see a gun buster sign when you oc into the store, and the manager tells you that you can't carry in the store, get his name and then just turn around, leave, go to your vehicle, get on your smartphone, google the store's corporate headquarters and ask them what their gun carry policy is. If they tell you that they allow oc in accordance to state laws, then inform them of the incident, give them the manager's name and ask them to call the store right away because you're in the parking lot and would like to go back in to do your shopping without further incident, and also, ask them to set the manager straight. In the meanwhile, march right back into the store and oc. If the manager bothers you again, he probably didn't get the phone call yet. Inform him you called corporate and that they will be calling him any minute to set his (_|_) straight.

I've done that and it's funny how the manager disappears out of sight. :lol: