Thread: Headed to Missouri

Regular Member southernredneck1's Avatar

Headed to Missouri

I will be heading to the Branson at the beginning of June to visit some of the wife's family. I will be driving from Louisiana. Any places I should avoid OCing around?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southernredneck1 View Post
    I will be heading to the Branson at the beginning of June to visit some of the wife's family. I will be driving from Louisiana. Any places I should avoid OCing around?
    Jail?

Drive straight through...talking like a 10-12hr trip.

You can search the web for the ATF's guide on gun laws...but they don't update this every day. Who knows, one state, county, or town could have passed a law yesterday.

Stick to interstates ...... because the law assumes you know all the gun laws.

Branson is fun ... have a good trip and visit.

I didn't know if there were any city ordinances that prohibit OC. I planned on driving straight through. Maybe taking a few back roads just for a change of scenery.

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=13699

Chapter 58, on the left side of the page. Article IV, Division 1 Generally. Section 58-97. I have no experiences with Branson PD. Maybe someone from the area, or who is familiar with the area will chime in.

Welcome to Missouri and have a CCW permit with you just in case.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun Permit.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	11534 This is the only permit I need for my firearm. I do not have a state issued permission slip.

ID:	11534 This is the only permit I need for my firearm. I do not have a state issued permission slip.
    Citation to the applicable city code provided. Good luck and welcome to MO.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Welcome to MISSOURI!! Enjoy Branson!

No OCing in Branson w/o a state issued CCW permit. The Branson LEO are nice folks, but they will not tolerate OCing w/o a permit. Sorry.

If you had a permit, then you would be welcomed without hesitation. However, there are some business owners who would call the BPD to report OCing, then BPD would follow up on the OCing.

Enjoy Branson!!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Just my sneaky suspicion......they won't accept that particular permit. What state issued it?
    ~Mark Twain

Pennsylvania, of course! Just found out from the wife that the family lives in New Bloomfield. I thought it was closer to Branson.

Pennsylvania, of course! Just found out from the wife that the family lives in New Bloomfield. I thought it was closer to Branson.
    LOL!!

Yep.....you may pass through Branson, but if you are staying in Branson to visit family in New Bloomfield, well, your doing a lot of extra driving.

Enjoy your trip. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that area's OC regs.
    ~Mark Twain

First off, IANAL, it is better to get a copy of every cities ordinances to be safe. With that said, I'm from that area and you should be good to go for most of the towns in the area. Jefferson city and Columbia are both OC OK. Any store that has the 11x14 inch sign with one inch letters saying no guns is a legal no guns sign. Stay out, but I stay out of any story that has any sign. I don't want to go in and be robbed at knife point or something If you're taking I 70 from St Louis, there is a town called Wentzville. Right past that is a little town called Foristell, they are not OC friendly. Past that you are OK to oc, but from Illinois border all the way through that city are a bunch of no OC cities and only a few OK ones.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!