Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: I was trespassed from Idewild park during Earth Day

  1. #1
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170

    I was trespassed from Idewild park during Earth Day

    I open carried into the Reno Earth Day event at Idewild park today. I refused to allow them to search my diaper bag so security called RPD on me. They didn't care about my gun but they were pissed that I was asserting my 4th amendment right to refuse search.


    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Rql3rU6MT1-dmC

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    10
    Trespassed from a public park?

  3. #3
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedywrx View Post
    Trespassed from a public park?
    Yeah, that's what I kept saying as I was being escorted out. RPD tried to tell me that because they had a permit to hold the event there then they had the right to search people. I showed them an e-mail from the Reno special events coordinator (the person that issues permits) that said they cannot control access to public places even during events and they still didn't care. Luckily I was done anyway by the time they decided to actually trespass me. If I had the money to go to court I would have let them arrest me.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I am not a teacher ... I just tell a cop to shut up and arrest me or shut up and let me be.

  5. #5
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I am not a teacher ... I just tell a cop to shut up and arrest me or shut up and let me be.

    I wanted to so bad but don't have the money to fight it in court.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    I wanted to so bad but don't have the money to fight it in court.
    I do most things pro se....not everyone can...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-27-2014 at 08:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Wow thanks for sharing it. What a bunch of crap. To bad to battle such issues takes so much time and money.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Wow thanks for sharing it. What a bunch of crap. To bad to battle such issues takes so much time and money.
    Well, he can write the general consul a demand letter providing some facts and ask for $$$$. At the very least, the city will not be able to say "we never heard any complaints in the past" if someone would want to pursue it.

    This is how I handle things first -- ask for $$$ w/o filing a suit...I got 6K in one instance....just for writing a letter after a minor incident.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-28-2014 at 01:07 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    I showed them an e-mail from the Reno special events coordinator (the person that issues permits) that said they cannot control access to public places even during events and they still didn't care. Luckily I was done anyway by the time they decided to actually trespass me. If I had the money to go to court I would have let them arrest me.

    Since you provided evidence what they were saying was a lie and since the email stated they had no right to exert the control they did, they didnt lawfully trespass you. You would have been well within your rights to refuse an unlawful request. Shows how far things have gone when Peace Officers have the nerve to assault armed citizens. Protection is a major point of even bothering to arm oneself.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  10. #10
    Regular Member garand_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, he can write the general consul a demand letter providing some facts and ask for $$$$. At the very least, the city will not be able to say "we never heard any complaints in the past" if someone would want to pursue it.

    This is how I handle things first -- ask for $$$ w/o filing a suit...I got 6K in one instance....just for writing a letter after a minor incident.
    Details???

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    HA! I know the security guy in the beginning of video #1. He was a supervisor in a warehouse I worked in, works for ESI as a side gig. I always thought he was an idiot.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    Video 4: "California is a bad example. California sucks!" I lol'd.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    So after all that I commend you for standing up. You were fairly well spoken while they tried to twist your arm into a search at every turn. Fat chode in the end (I assume ESI's supervisor) trying to tell you you're in a society and should just go with the rules only made my blood boil a little.

    I assume you'll be generating a complaint with the Reno PD? Could be a nice little segment on "Ask Joe" on News 4, include the videos and the emails from the Reno Special Events Coordinator and I'm sure he'd press the City and the PD for a public response.

  14. #14
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    So after all that I commend you for standing up. You were fairly well spoken while they tried to twist your arm into a search at every turn. Fat chode in the end (I assume ESI's supervisor) trying to tell you you're in a society and should just go with the rules only made my blood boil a little.

    I assume you'll be generating a complaint with the Reno PD? Could be a nice little segment on "Ask Joe" on News 4, include the videos and the emails from the Reno Special Events Coordinator and I'm sure he'd press the City and the PD for a public response.

    I do want to file a complaint just not sure how to go about it. The guy you were talking about was actually number 2 in charge of the event, he is a pretty big chode. I had to deal with him last year when I volunteered there and he thinks he is better than everyone else for some reason.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    If they have the right to search your bag, they need not ask.

    I tell the TSA when they want to do a patdown..."hey, you have your rules and I have mine" I don't get groped and I don't go through their nudo-scans.


    Cops love it when you tell them that you pay their salary ... you are still paying his salary...

    I would have told the lady that she should not be allowed in because if she fell on me, I would be crushed to death and the Earth may even be in danger of being cracked in half.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    Cut to the chase: Were you deprived of your rights under color of law?

    Did a cop, or a person acting like a cop with gubbmint blessing do any of the following?

    - seize you
    - seize your property
    - search you
    - search your property

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Cut to the chase: Were you deprived of your rights under color of law?

    Did a cop, or a person acting like a cop with gubbmint blessing do any of the following?

    - seize you
    - seize your property
    - search you
    - search your property
    He did say he was leaving anyway ... this is likely his biggest stumbling block....it makes the whole matter moot.

    I don't know if he has standing.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Cut to the chase: Were you deprived of your rights under color of law?

    Did a cop, or a person acting like a cop with gubbmint blessing do any of the following?

    - seize you
    - seize your property
    - search you
    - search your property
    He was told by a rent-a-cop and then a real cop that if he didn't submit to a search, he would be trespassed. Watch video 6.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    I do want to file a complaint just not sure how to go about it. The guy you were talking about was actually number 2 in charge of the event, he is a pretty big chode. I had to deal with him last year when I volunteered there and he thinks he is better than everyone else for some reason.
    Start with that event coordinator whom you had the email from. Then file a complaint with the Reno Police Department. Big chodes are still human and subject to the same laws and you or I.

  20. #20
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He did say he was leaving anyway ... this is likely his biggest stumbling block....it makes the whole matter moot.

    I don't know if he has standing.

    By the time I told him I was leaving anyway was about 45 min. to an hour into the whole ordeal. I had already walked through the whole event. I only recorded my encounters.

  21. #21
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    By the time I told him I was leaving anyway was about 45 min. to an hour into the whole ordeal. I had already walked through the whole event. I only recorded my encounters.
    I was certainly glad to see all of those cops respond to take charge of a desperate criminal such as you. It just makes me tingly all over.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    By the time I told him I was leaving anyway was about 45 min. to an hour into the whole ordeal. I had already walked through the whole event. I only recorded my encounters.

    You can still complain about the process ... never say anything to the effect that it does not affect you .. its kills standing

  23. #23
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You can still complain about the process ... never say anything to the effect that it does not affect you .. its kills standing
    I plan on complaining. I just e-mailed the DA to get their legal take on whether or not a permit holder can trespass anyone from a public park. I know they legally can't but I want to see what they say about that since RPD told me that their legal advice contradicted what I was told by the person that issues the permits.

    I will be filing a complaint with RPD as well for their use of coercion to make me leave a public place.

    I just need to figure out how to word these letters. I am surprised that I didn't stumble in my words when talking to the police or security.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Reno Nevada
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    I plan on complaining. I just e-mailed the DA to get their legal take on whether or not a permit holder can trespass anyone from a public park. I know they legally can't but I want to see what they say about that since RPD told me that their legal advice contradicted what I was told by the person that issues the permits.

    I will be filing a complaint with RPD as well for their use of coercion to make me leave a public place.

    I just need to figure out how to word these letters. I am surprised that I didn't stumble in my words when talking to the police or security.
    Hey RenoGlock. Thanks for sharing. If you want to go shootin let me know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •