• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No firearms signs means a new project

bebop4one

image.jpg
There are four such signs up at connected Cowen and Ravenna park in my neighborhood. One of the four has the "no firearms" part covered with white tape. Obviously someone is aware that the signs need to be changed. I just can't believe that nobody has said anything. I got the sign at Lime Kiln trail in Granite Falls changed in about a week. Let's see if I can get these changed out in a reasonably short time as well.

Last edited:

bebop4one

Yeah the no smoking thing is ridiculous but even worse are the NO DOGS signs all over the place. I'm like really!? It's a PARK!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We had the same problem at Bloedel Donovan park here in B'ham. At preemption the park manager taped over the "gun" part and waited for funding to replace them (done). Seems simple, tape the signs that are not taped and pursue the change. Nothing to get your panties in a twist about.

bebop4one

Alright I'm finally getting around to contacting the right people about these signs. I've been crazy busy with work lately.

On a side note, please check out the Facebook page I've created for Washington state. It's a take on Every Town which is Bloomberg's stupid organization. Pro 2A and anti-Bloomberg opinions are welcome! You can find the link in my signature.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I wonder if a Judge could be found that would find them in Contempt for not doing so?

This may be an oversite that has not yet been brought to their attention. This may be known and awaiting funding. This may be known and they do not give a rats a$$. It could be many things. After the OP makes a polite call requesting the correction we will see a positive or negative reaction from "them". We should expect the best from our gov employees. "they" have not yet done anything deserving our ire. Relax, get a beer and some popcorn and let's see what happens next,eh?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
This may be an oversite that has not yet been brought to their attention. This may be known and awaiting funding. This may be known and they do not give a rats a$$. It could be many things. After the OP makes a polite call requesting the correction we will see a positive or negative reaction from "them". We should expect the best from our gov employees. "they" have not yet done anything deserving our ire. Relax, get a beer and some popcorn and let's see what happens next,eh?

Agreed. Most of these signs in WA were put up long before the Seattle park decision. I know here in Lacey my one e-mail, and brief call to the Parks director put them on the right track. Like a lot of towns across the country where money is limited, they plan on changing the signs when they reach their regular life cycle. The rule in the park regs was immediately corrected, and the police dept notified to not bother anybody carrying in a responsible manner. So the sight of these signs should be addressed, but we don't need to go on a crusade either.

amzbrady

The no smoking part should be common sense. Some do not want their kids to see or have to smell someone else's disgusting habit. Unlike openly carrying a firearm, there is no danger in a properly holstered firearm that is not being handled. Second hand smoke on the other hand is a different danger. Some adults do not want to add carcinogens to their list of daily intakes.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The no smoking part should be common sense. Some do not want their kids to see or have to smell someone else's disgusting habit. Unlike openly carrying a firearm, there is no danger in a properly holstered firearm that is not being handled. Second hand smoke on the other hand is a different danger. Some adults do not want to add carcinogens to their list of daily intakes.

"common sense laws"... balderdash .... don't want carcinogens? Live in a bubble. No one ever got cancer from going to a park where a smoker was ...

How about "no gay folks running" cause they can fall, scratch their knees and give me aiders.

I would be more concerned with contracting a deadly illness than cancer from visiting a public place.

Freedom1Man

Agreed. Most of these signs in WA were put up long before the Seattle park decision. I know here in Lacey my one e-mail, and brief call to the Parks director put them on the right track. Like a lot of towns across the country where money is limited, they plan on changing the signs when they reach their regular life cycle. The rule in the park regs was immediately corrected, and the police dept notified to not bother anybody carrying in a responsible manner. So the sight of these signs should be addressed, but we don't need to go on a crusade either.

I had no problems getting the signs fixed at the Federal Way Community Center.

They told me they fixed it I have not been back check though.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran

Except that the City was ordered by the court to remove all the signs within a set time period (I beleive it was 30 days). Courts don't care about excuses in cases like that.

EMNofSeattle

YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT, IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN(TM)

just shout, "it's for the children" and end the issue....