Thread: Any oper Carriers in Globe

Any oper Carriers in Globe

I will be starting my new job in Miami and will be relocating to Globe next week. Are there on OC'ers in the area that can tell me more about the area?
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws. — AYN RAND

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger493 View Post
    I will be starting my new job in Miami and will be relocating to Globe next week. Are there on OC'ers in the area that can tell me more about the area?
    Working in one of the mines?

Yes. I am a chemist.
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws. — AYN RAND

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger493 View Post
    Yes. I am a chemist.
    Nice. I live in Phoenix but will go to/through Globe on occasion and when I do, I'm always carrying (not because it's Globe; rather, I carry all the time). Whether I OC or CC depends on my mood during that particular day.

Do you frequently OC?
    Last edited by The Trickster; 04-28-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trickster View Post
    Nice. I live in Phoenix but will go to/through Globe on occasion and when I do, I'm always carrying (not because it's Globe; rather, I carry all the time). Whether I OC or CC depends on my mood during that particular day.

Do you frequently OC?
    Presume Globe is in Florida - how do you OC there depending on your mood?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Actually, east and south of Miami, about 6 miles or so.....Arizona that is.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Actually, east and south of Miami, about 6 miles or so.....Arizona that is.

Right there in the thread title too
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Right there in the thread title too
    STOP THAT!!! You're gunna hurt your head.....unless, of course, your noodle is similar to mine and a non-vital organ.....or so My Dear Wife tells me.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I believe they're referring to Globe, AZ, and Miami, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Miami, Arizona

Miami (Western Apache: Goshtłʼish Tú[3]) is a town in Gila County, Arizona, United States. Miami is a classic Western copper boomtown, though the copper mines are largely dormant now. Miami's old downtown has been partly renovated, and low-cost housing is attracting new residents.[citation needed]

Miami is located at 33°23.8'N 110°52.3'W (33.396,-110.872).

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of .9 square miles (2.3*km2), all of it land.

Miami is adjacent to Globe, and near the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. Miami, Globe, and the unincorporated areas nearby (including Inspiration, Claypool and Central Heights-Midland City) are commonly called Globe-Miami. The town is located on the northeastern slope of the Pinal Mountains, and is surrounded (except to the east) by the Tonto National Forest. It is located on U.S. Routes 60 and 70, and is served by the Arizona Eastern Railway.
    Add.
    Never mind, I see it's been pointed out. Coffee Grapeshot?
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 04-28-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Addendum
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post

Add.
    Never mind, I see it's been pointed out. Coffee two fingers of Kentucky's finest (of the straight variety, trust me I wanted to be in pre-med) Grapeshot?
    fiy

Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man

Add.
    Never mind, I see it's been pointed out. Coffee two fingers of Kentucky's finest (of the straight variety, trust me I wanted to be in pre-med) Grapeshot?
    fiy
    That's one of the pleasures I do not allow myself to indulge very often.

In another life, I used to relocate the open bottles that were not able to be shipped by Langly AF officers. Acquired quite a stock - still have some of it.......well aged.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-28-2014 at 07:47 PM.

That's one of the pleasures I do not allow myself to indulge very often.

In another life, I used to relocate the open bottles that were not able to be shipped by Langly AF officers. Acquired quite a stock - still have some of it.......well aged.
    Carefully prescribed and not without careful consideration. The dosage prescribed should be all that is required to address the affliction observed. This is a one time prescription and not refillable.....if ya know what I mean.

Carefully prescribed and not without careful consideration. The dosage prescribed should be all that is required to address the affliction observed. This is a one time prescription and not refillable.....if ya know what I mean.
    For medicinal purposes only.

I believe in self-medication. My doctors tell me I know my body better than they do - that instills little confidence in them.

Be cautious of that employer when it comes to gun policies. Boomsticks are 100 no go, and unless something has changed recently, they're one of the few companies who were dumb enough to actually set up separate (and MARKED) parking lots for gun owners after the guns-in-cars legislation passed some years ago.

Also, watch that damn PD and their little portable photo radar box. Bastards got me a few years back. Couldn't get me when I drove a BMW/fast car, had to nail me when I drove a lifted off road truck. *facepalm*