• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any oper Carriers in Globe

gunslinger493

I will be starting my new job in Miami and will be relocating to Globe next week. Are there on OC'ers in the area that can tell me more about the area?

The Trickster

Yes. I am a chemist.

Nice. I live in Phoenix but will go to/through Globe on occasion and when I do, I'm always carrying (not because it's Globe; rather, I carry all the time). Whether I OC or CC depends on my mood during that particular day.

Do you frequently OC?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nice. I live in Phoenix but will go to/through Globe on occasion and when I do, I'm always carrying (not because it's Globe; rather, I carry all the time). Whether I OC or CC depends on my mood during that particular day.

Do you frequently OC?
Presume Globe is in Florida - how do you OC there depending on your mood?

Rusty Young Man

Presume Globe is in Florida - how do you OC there depending on your mood?

I believe they're referring to Globe, AZ, and Miami, AZ.

Wikipedia said:
Miami, Arizona

Miami (Western Apache: Goshtłʼish Tú[3]) is a town in Gila County, Arizona, United States. Miami is a classic Western copper boomtown, though the copper mines are largely dormant now. Miami's old downtown has been partly renovated, and low-cost housing is attracting new residents.[citation needed]

Miami is located at 33°23.8'N 110°52.3'W (33.396,-110.872).

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of .9 square miles (2.3*km2), all of it land.

Miami is adjacent to Globe, and near the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation. Miami, Globe, and the unincorporated areas nearby (including Inspiration, Claypool and Central Heights-Midland City) are commonly called Globe-Miami. The town is located on the northeastern slope of the Pinal Mountains, and is surrounded (except to the east) by the Tonto National Forest. It is located on U.S. Routes 60 and 70, and is served by the Arizona Eastern Railway.

Add.
Never mind, I see it's been pointed out. Coffee Grapeshot?;)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man

I believe they're referring to Globe, AZ, and Miami, AZ.

Add.
Never mind, I see it's been pointed out. [strike]Coffee[/strike] two fingers of Kentucky's finest (of the straight variety, trust me I wanted to be in pre-med) Grapeshot?;)
That's one of the pleasures I do not allow myself to indulge very often.

In another life, I used to relocate the open bottles that were not able to be shipped by Langly AF officers. Acquired quite a stock - still have some of it.......well aged.

Last edited:

OC for ME

That's one of the pleasures I do not allow myself to indulge very often.

In another life, I used to relocate the open bottles that were not able to be shipped by Langly AF officers. Acquired quite a stock - still have some of it.......well aged.
Carefully prescribed and not without careful consideration. The dosage prescribed should be all that is required to address the affliction observed. This is a one time prescription and not refillable.....if ya know what I mean. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Carefully prescribed and not without careful consideration. The dosage prescribed should be all that is required to address the affliction observed. This is a one time prescription and not refillable.....if ya know what I mean. ;)
For medicinal purposes only.

I believe in self-medication. My doctors tell me I know my body better than they do - that instills little confidence in them.

Thoreau

Be cautious of that employer when it comes to gun policies. Boomsticks are 100 no go, and unless something has changed recently, they're one of the few companies who were dumb enough to actually set up separate (and MARKED) parking lots for gun owners after the guns-in-cars legislation passed some years ago.

Also, watch that damn PD and their little portable photo radar box. Bastards got me a few years back. Couldn't get me when I drove a BMW/fast car, had to nail me when I drove a lifted off road truck. *facepalm*