• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recently Received my Re-new-ed St Charles County Endorsement

OC for ME

Issued directly from the sheriff. The endorsement was mailed to my residence in a envelope with a big St Charles County Sheriff emblem on it. Looks like it, the endorsement, was done by a 9 y/o, on a cheap color inkjet printer, then laminated at Kinkos.

Reread 571.101.7, the DoR requirement to issue the DL/Non-DL ID remains.

Griz

Yeah, I can't wait to get mine from Jefferson county to see what it looks like. While I applaud the effort of keeping the CCW at the county level, the State patrol is going to have fits trying to figure out if endorsements are real without having to call them in.

Makes me wonder how the smaller, less well-funded counties, are going to afford this.

OC for ME

Yeah, I can't wait to get mine from Jefferson county to see what it looks like. While I applaud the effort of keeping the CCW at the county level, the State patrol is going to have fits trying to figure out if endorsements are real without having to call them in.

Makes me wonder how the smaller, less well-funded counties, are going to afford this.
50 bucks for a endorsement that likely cost, with labor and "shipping," 5 bucks to manufacture.

Agreed, statewide recognition may be a problem, counterfeiting could also be a problem.

larueman

50 bucks for a endorsement that likely cost, with labor and "shipping," 5 bucks to manufacture.

Agreed, statewide recognition may be a problem, counterfeiting could also be a problem.

Got mine last year in Mcdonald. It is a piece of paper with your signature. Its kind of pathetic. I had to go get it laminated. They just copy and past your info on to it. Watched them do it. It only took 5 minutes and did not have to go to the dmv for a 4th time and give them $20!

Great Gazoo

Hope this does not cause anyone an issue while traveling out of state. If LEOs in MO are going to have trouble authenticating the permits it out to be even more challenging when in another jurisdiction.

Redbaron007

Hope this does not cause anyone an issue while traveling out of state. If LEOs in MO are going to have trouble authenticating the permits it out to be even more challenging when in another jurisdiction.

What happens when another jurisdiction (out of state), runs the driver license...will it show up?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Does/did it show up now? I suspect that cops simply accept a "official" looking document that has permit somewhere on it. :rolleyes:

WOW...opens the door for interpretation.....I'd hate to have a local Constable from Louisiana try to interpret it....."hey bubba, I ain't sure this here paper is real...let's go to the office and check this out"........48 hours later, "well bubba, looks like it is real....sorry for the delay." ;) (no offense against Louisianians)

kcgunfan

I live in Clay county and reupped today. I've got the same one in the video. I've got to say that it looks pretty good. Full color state steal, holographic watermarking. I don't think anyone's going to have an issue with it.

Here's another interesting question. The clerk told the gentleman in front of me (although didn't tell me) that he had to carry it with photo id. I don't recall any such requirement. Has anyone else run across that?

WOW...opens the door for interpretation.....I'd hate to have a local Constable from Louisiana try to interpret it....."hey bubba, I ain't sure this here paper is real...let's go to the office and check this out"........48 hours later, "well bubba, looks like it is real....sorry for the delay." ;) (no offense against Louisianians)

OC for ME

571.121. 1. Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall carry the concealed carry permit or endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry permit and a state or federal government-issued photo identification or the endorsement or permit upon the request of any peace officer.
Here ya go.

kcgunfan

Here ya go.

Interesting, it doesn't say we have to carry it, just present it. That also looks to bypass the 24 hours to present your endorsement that we used to have.

Oh, can I mention what a joy it is to have to look at all of RsMO 571 to answer any damn question. Grr....

OC for ME

Interesting, it doesn't say we have to carry it, just present it. That also looks to bypass the 24 hours to present your endorsement that we used to have.

Oh, can I mention what a joy it is to have to look at all of RsMO 571 to answer any damn question. Grr....
Oh well.....to each their own.

571.121. 1. Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall carry the concealed carry permit or endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry permit and a state or federal government-issued photo identification or the endorsement or permit upon the request of any peace officer.