Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Recently Received my Re-new-ed St Charles County Endorsement

  1. #1
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269

    Recently Received my Re-new-ed St Charles County Endorsement

    Issued directly from the sheriff. The endorsement was mailed to my residence in a envelope with a big St Charles County Sheriff emblem on it. Looks like it, the endorsement, was done by a 9 y/o, on a cheap color inkjet printer, then laminated at Kinkos.

    Reread 571.101.7, the DoR requirement to issue the DL/Non-DL ID remains.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  2. #2
    Regular Member Griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    Yeah, I can't wait to get mine from Jefferson county to see what it looks like. While I applaud the effort of keeping the CCW at the county level, the State patrol is going to have fits trying to figure out if endorsements are real without having to call them in.

    Makes me wonder how the smaller, less well-funded counties, are going to afford this.

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to get mine from Jefferson county to see what it looks like. While I applaud the effort of keeping the CCW at the county level, the State patrol is going to have fits trying to figure out if endorsements are real without having to call them in.

    Makes me wonder how the smaller, less well-funded counties, are going to afford this.
    50 bucks for a endorsement that likely cost, with labor and "shipping," 5 bucks to manufacture.

    Agreed, statewide recognition may be a problem, counterfeiting could also be a problem.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    50 bucks for a endorsement that likely cost, with labor and "shipping," 5 bucks to manufacture.

    Agreed, statewide recognition may be a problem, counterfeiting could also be a problem.
    Got mine last year in Mcdonald. It is a piece of paper with your signature. Its kind of pathetic. I had to go get it laminated. They just copy and past your info on to it. Watched them do it. It only took 5 minutes and did not have to go to the dmv for a 4th time and give them $20!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    64123
    Posts
    23
    Hope this does not cause anyone an issue while traveling out of state. If LEOs in MO are going to have trouble authenticating the permits it out to be even more challenging when in another jurisdiction.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    I found a photo of a Jackson County permit and it looks very nearly identical to mine. It seems that the sheriffs got together and figured out what to do.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=miss...2F%3B319%3B274

    Don't waste your time watching the video, permit is not shown in the video.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Gazoo View Post
    Hope this does not cause anyone an issue while traveling out of state. If LEOs in MO are going to have trouble authenticating the permits it out to be even more challenging when in another jurisdiction.
    What happens when another jurisdiction (out of state), runs the driver license...will it show up?
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 04-29-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    What happens when another jurisdiction (out of state), runs the driver license...will it show up?
    Does/did it show up now? I suspect that cops simply accept a "official" looking document that has permit somewhere on it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  9. #9
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Does/did it show up now? I suspect that cops simply accept a "official" looking document that has permit somewhere on it.
    WOW...opens the door for interpretation.....I'd hate to have a local Constable from Louisiana try to interpret it....."hey bubba, I ain't sure this here paper is real...let's go to the office and check this out"........48 hours later, "well bubba, looks like it is real....sorry for the delay." (no offense against Louisianians)
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012
    I live in Clay county and reupped today. I've got the same one in the video. I've got to say that it looks pretty good. Full color state steal, holographic watermarking. I don't think anyone's going to have an issue with it.

    Here's another interesting question. The clerk told the gentleman in front of me (although didn't tell me) that he had to carry it with photo id. I don't recall any such requirement. Has anyone else run across that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    WOW...opens the door for interpretation.....I'd hate to have a local Constable from Louisiana try to interpret it....."hey bubba, I ain't sure this here paper is real...let's go to the office and check this out"........48 hours later, "well bubba, looks like it is real....sorry for the delay." (no offense against Louisianians)

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    571.121. 1. Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall carry the concealed carry permit or endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry permit and a state or federal government-issued photo identification or the endorsement or permit upon the request of any peace officer.
    Here ya go.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Here ya go.
    Interesting, it doesn't say we have to carry it, just present it. That also looks to bypass the 24 hours to present your endorsement that we used to have.

    Oh, can I mention what a joy it is to have to look at all of RsMO 571 to answer any damn question. Grr....

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,269
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Interesting, it doesn't say we have to carry it, just present it. That also looks to bypass the 24 hours to present your endorsement that we used to have.

    Oh, can I mention what a joy it is to have to look at all of RsMO 571 to answer any damn question. Grr....
    Oh well.....to each their own.

    571.121. 1. Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall carry the concealed carry permit or endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry permit and a state or federal government-issued photo identification or the endorsement or permit upon the request of any peace officer.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •