• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun For Open Carry

The Truth

Yeah Grapeshot! Smith and Western! It says it right on the side of the pistol! 9mm...umm

This appears to be a Hi-Point .45 ACP thread. Maybe you're lost, dear noob.

I'll help you out a bit. It's Smith and Wesson. Come on man. It's right there on the gun.

HPmatt

do those all shoot 9miniball ammo too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Young Man

When I carry my stainless 9-11 in 45, I prefer using Full Metal Jacket's rounds.

When I wanna carry a nine, I strap on my Check a Brotha 75 Beat.

I don't carry my Hi Point 45, but I also prefer using Full Metal Jacket's rounds through it.

What about everyone else?

self preservation

I Am ask n anybody and everybody what they. Carry in there gun ...so what about u

Far be it from me and my far from perfect grammar, but you may want to clean up your vocabulary a little and maybe give it another try. Between that and your obvious lack of knowledge on firearms, I fear that you may have not made a very favorable first impression. But don't worry, here at OCDO we are all about second chances. So get your thoughts together and come on back.:)

neuroblades

$130, really?

Welcome to the illustrious, secretive, and modest club of Hi-Point owners, and carriers. As far as holsters are concerned, I have not been able to find ANY drop-leg/tactical holster that will hold a full size (.40/.45) HP without jiggling around, flapping against my leg, or being a general nuisance, and trust me, I've bought everything from el cheapo five dollar rigs, to 130 dollar rigs. The best hip holster for the HP that I've found so far, and once again went through many different ones of various prices, is the one I initially bought along side my HP for 20$. The brand name on it is worn out, but its nylon, and has a brass snap buckle to keep it in place. It's held up nicely for the last three years, no rips, tears, brays, or any thing wrong with it other than a worn out name brand, and a worn snap button. If I can figure out the name I'll tell ya more.

Drake, you mean that you've spent $130 for a holster for a $130 gun? *tries not to chuckle a bit* why didn't you just save up all the money and get a decent sidearm from Bud's or one of the many other places that handle police trade-ins or used sidearms?

BTW, missed ya at the last Lexington show. We intentionally went through the central areas of Lexington Center to see if we could encounter any of those types of folks that you had issues with down there, all to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taurus PT 1911 AR Caliber 38 Super

I purchased a Taurus PT 1911 AR Caliber 38 Super
[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=taurus+pt+1911+ar+38+super&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=8DBEB1AE148D1F8B16DC8DBEB1AE148D1F8B16DC[/video]

WalkingWolf

Drake, you mean that you've spent $130 for a holster for a $130 gun? *tries not to chuckle a bit* why didn't you just save up all the money and get a decent sidearm from Bud's or one of the many other places that handle police trade-ins or used sidearms?

BTW, missed ya at the last Lexington show. We intentionally went through the central areas of Lexington Center to see if we could encounter any of those types of folks that you had issues with down there, all to no avail.

Are you suggesting he use a cheap arse holster to have a fancy gun?:eek:

BlueSquid

I won't lie...I've found myself, on more than one occasion, wanting to buy a few hi-points just to increase the collection on the cheap. Also just to say I have them. Plus, I know more than a few people who trust their lives to them, and from what I've researched they seem to last quite a while. Their carbines look like they might be fun, too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I won't lie...I've found myself, on more than one occasion, wanting to buy a few hi-points just to increase the collection on the cheap. Also just to say I have them. Plus, I know more than a few people who trust their lives to them, and from what I've researched they seem to last quite a while. Their carbines look like they might be fun, too.
It's tough to beat their warranty too - lifetime, no questions asked, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] owner or 10[SUP]th[/SUP] - it's forever.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/about-Hi-Point-Firearms/default.html

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I purchased a Taurus PT 1911 AR Caliber 38 Super
[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=taurus+pt+1911+ar+38+super&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=8DBEB1AE148D1F8B16DC8DBEB1AE148D1F8B16DC[/video]

That's too much bling for me to pull off. I could never be that cool.

This carbine has piqued my curiosity:
www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2002/12/arsenal/page/2.aspx

WalkingWolf

My wife bought a CF380, that gun has been great. Never any malfunction and it has the recoil of a 22, just downright pleasant gun to shoot. Well worth the money.

WalkingWolf

fanboy-anatomy.jpg