Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man With Gun Freaks Out Parents

Man With Gun Freaks Out Parents

http://politix.topix.com/story/11736...he-new-Georgia

Does anyone know if this guy really said those things?

404 - File Not Found error.

oldgoat:

Odds are..., that He did NOT Say The Things that The Media Accused Him of Saying.

Someone may have Exaggerated what was said, if anything.

A Full Investigation was made by The Forsyth County Sheriffs' Office and The Final Determination was that NO Laws were Broken by that Man.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 04-28-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Georgia man flaunts gun at Little League field, intimidates parents, kids. It's legal

new link URL

http://politix.topix.com/news/11736-...he-new-georgia

G00gle Real time coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dDkGK-VnJym0XnM

About 22 people called 911 to report the man's antics. When police confronted him, they found out that he had a permit to carry the weapon. He hadn’t made any violent threats or pulled the gun out of its holster, so cops said there was nothing they could do to stop him. Forsyth Sheriff Duane Pipe said the man was acting inappropriately, but did nothing illegal. "We support the constitutional right to bear arms. We will not tolerate bad behavior," Piper said. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1770008
    Cops have enough to do serving and protecting without also not tolerating bad behavior.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-28-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Good job ! Piss off a guy with a gun !

hahaha ... I'd be asking for those 911 tapes ...

Now you know..you KNOW that 10 guys OCing will be at the next game....

Yeah, no agenda here.... I love the editing of the so-called quote:
    He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Forsyth Sheriff Duane Pipe said the man was acting inappropriately, but did nothing illegal. "We support the constitutional right to bear arms. We will not tolerate bad behavior," Piper said.
    Apparently you do, my good sheriff.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Georgia should get ready for a lot of news stories about folks with guns now that the new law passed. I even saw a story thus morning about a shooting at a bar and they are already trying to blame it on the new gun law.

The media is going to spin everything they can to make the guns everywhere law look as bad as possible.

I think if this guy was walking around talking like that they would have charged him with something, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace or something to that effect.

Yes, the petty tyrant would charge inappropriate behavior for speech.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-28-2014 at 06:25 PM.

We support the constitutional right to bear arms.
    A constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms my good sheriff. But, he and his deputies did not do the oft time expected thing.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Looks like the Bloomy loons are following through on their threat to make false police reports after the law was passed.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

What I find disturbing is the lady they interviewed said she supports the 2nd amendment and has a gun, then says guns don't belong In a parking lot or a park where kids are. Sounds like the classic save the children speech the moms for gun control use.

Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    What I find disturbing is the lady they interviewed said she supports the 2nd amendment and has a gun, then says guns don't belong In a parking lot or a park where kids are. Sounds like the classic save the children speech the moms for gun control use.
    Ohhh I believe there is no doubt she is one of those loons. I am surprised she forgot to add in the "I am a member of the NRA" in her book of lies.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

21 April

18:43 Liz Malone
    • Reports a man lifted his shirt to show her the gun in his waistband. She states that he is 'a little overweight' and didn't look like he was there to exercise.

18:49 Liz Malone
    • Calls back to say she sees him again by the athletic fields and "COMPLAINANT SAYS IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS JUST WALKING AROUND THE PARK"

22 April

17:44 Joseph Jason
    • Reports a man has a gun in his waistband. CALLER DID NOT WITNESS THE GUN, THIS IS THIRD PARTY INFORMATION.

17:50 Cheryl White
    • calls to report white male walking in park with gun in pants and drinking out of a water bottle.

17:56 Cheryl White
    • wants to talk to someone about man with gun.

17:58 Jeff Jones
    • reports a man at Fowler Park with all the soccer fields is holding a bottle of water in his hands and a gun in back of waistband.

18:05 Telly Helms (Head of Forsyth Parks and Recreation.)
    • Wants to speak to S.O. (call went to voicemail)

18:27 Jean (Gene?) (NLN)
    • reports a man with handgun in pants ("HANDS ON THE GUN NO") "CALLER SAYS HE KEEPS PUTTING HANDS ON THE GUN //CALLER IS RETIRED NYPD// SAYS THERE ARE KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THIS IS WRONG."

18:29 Jodi Benson
    • reports man with gun in park "subject was arrested yesterday", caller transferred to non-emergency line.

18:37 Jason Joseph
    • calls on line 10 "CALLER IS ADVISING THAT HE IS NOT CARR(Y)ING THE GUN PROPERLY // HE IS SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE."

18:38 Carla Muller
    • reports armed man with gun going onto the fields where kids are playing.. now he's in the baseball diamonds.

18:41 Terry Joseph
    • calls on line 10 (no specificity listed on report)

18:48 Matt Haze
    • reports that he is uncomfortable. A man is "just wondering around with a gun in his belt."

18:50 Matt (NLN)
    • reports a man walking with a gun in his belt and wants deputies dispatched, the man is sitting down, down by the main gate.

18:51 Michelle Kirkland
    • reports a man walking around with a gun and is scared. "COMPLAINANT IS SCARED ABOUT THE MALE WALKING AROUND WITH THE GUN // MALE IS NOT THREATENING ANYONE WITH THE WEAPON // COMPLAINANT FEELS THREATENED"

18:51 David Coon
    • reports man walking around with exposed gun. "CALLER DEMANDS TO SPEAK WITH A DEPUTY / PEOPLE ARE SCARED//"

18:52 Justin (NLN)
    • Reports a man at the field has a gun and was told to leave by the coaches but comes back.

18:54 Carla (NLN)
    • Reports a man is still walking around with a gun and wants a deputy to let the families leave.

18:55 Paul Clewell
    • reports a man with a gun is at the playground and has a gun tucked in his pants. "PER COMPLAINANT THIS SAME MALE TOOK HIS GUN OUT LAST NIGHT AND THREATENED COMPLAINANTS NEIGHBOR/ S52" ((n.b. Signal-52 is Assault in some departments))

18:57 Liz Krupit
    • reports a man with a gun walking around Fowler Park.

18:57 Karen Rob
    • reports "MAN BRANDISHING A GUN// HE HAS IT OUT IN HIS HANDS// A BUNCH OF PARENTS HAVE GONE UP THERE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE// THE KIDS ARE HIDING BEHIND DUG OUTS//

19:05 Faith (NLN)
    • reports a man has a gun in his pocket, doesn't look "normal" and is pulling his shirt up to show the gun.

19:27 Liz Crupet
    • reports her friend says they have not seen a cop.

19:30 Kelly with Parks&Recreation
    • reports he has been told by his coaches that a man with gun in pants is at baseball field and was flashing the gun. Caller was not present at park. ((n.b. This might be Telly Helms, not Kelly.))
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 04-28-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Hey everyone. I found the televised news report:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/2...-and-children/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by conandan View Post
    As soon as a politician tells me "I own a shotgun" I stop him there and explain to him why he is an anti.

Everyone who starts out saying "I own a shotgun" in a RKBA statement you know is an anti.

Anyone who starts out saying "You'll find out soon enough what guns I own" is my kinda guy.

I had a few FBI agents ask me "what kind of guns do you own" and I answer...You'll find out ... some laugh at the answer, some scowl .. they all give me a wide birth after I say it though.

I said it before, and I will say it again..., The Media Reports EXAGGERATED what Really Happened.

I Wonder how many People there that Day Knew about Georgia Codes 16-11-126(g) and 16-11-173.

..., or, for that Matter, The Appeals Court Decision in Georgia Carry vs. Coweta County 288 Ga.App. 748.

aadvark

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "The man caused such a disturbance, that park users flooded 911 with 22 calls, and parents stopped the baseball game and took the children into the dugout.

Is this arrogance and puerility something we want to display as typical of peaceable gun owners?

I have previously discussed simple decorum when open carrying defensive tools, but apparently this gun owner didn't get the memo."
    http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/open...-civility2.htm
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it somewhat strange that we have one, singular report that he lifted his shirt and spoke to some woman inviting her to look at his gun (impolite, but not illegal) that never seemed to make it's way to the official record of calls the 911 center...
    that contrasts to the
    - direct allegation that the individual both drew and pointed his gun at a complainants neighbor (said neighbor never reporting said aggravated assault) which is a serious crime in Georgia (OCGA 16-11-102 and 16-5-21) which seems to be a non-newsworthy item?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it somewhat strange that we have one, singular report that he lifted his shirt and spoke to some woman inviting her to look at his gun (impolite, but not illegal) that never seemed to make it's way to the official record of calls the 911 center...
    that contrasts to the
    - direct allegation that the individual both drew and pointed his gun at a complainants neighbor (said neighbor never reporting said aggravated assault) which is a serious crime in Georgia (OCGA 16-11-102 and 16-5-21) which seems to be a non-newsworthy item?
    IMHO - very little accurate information - lotta knee jerking going on though - maybe even an unheathy dose of exaggeration and paranoia.

Best I can say is that we all need to be aware of how our conduct works for or against us.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Gotta be a fake website ... right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    that contrasts to the
    Next we'll hear that the guy was shooting the baseball while it was in the air ... yelling "no spitballs!"

And then shooting it in that air when a kid took a lead-off from first base when its not allowed in the league. "Bam Bam! Get back to first!"

Hysteria. Maybe I'll go to a few games with my AR....

Nicki Kenyon, bless her heart, does not even see the appeal to emotion in her own article. Her "do as I say" attitude. Ironically, her article contributes to the continued focus on that jerk. Exactly what the anti-gun crowd desires, and which she complains about.
    Parents confirm that no one would have batted an eyelash had he simply exercised his rights without the drama.
    Good. Yet, Nicki Kenyon goes on to claim that...
    Simple decorum and maturity could have transformed his assertion of his rights into an opportunity to foster productive dialogue and maybe even changed some hearts and minds.
    Now, how can "simple decorum" "foster productive dialog" if no one would have batted an eyelash?

How about this, Nicki Kenyon, law abiding jerks have the right to be a jerk and carry a gun, at the same time.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
    Please, Nicki Kenyon, consider the intent and meaning of this quote attributed to TJ way way back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Nicki Kenyon, bless her heart, does not even see the appeal to emotion in her own article. Her "do as I say" attitude. Ironically, her article contributes to the continued focus on that jerk. Exactly what the anti-gun crowd desires, and which she complains about. ¶ Good. Yet, Nicki Kenyon goes on to claim that...Now, how can "simple decorum" "foster productive dialog" if no one would have batted an eyelash? ¶ How about this, Nicki Kenyon, law abiding jerks have the right to be a jerk and carry a gun, at the same time.Please, Nicki Kenyon, consider the intent and meaning of this quote attributed to TJ way way back in the day.
    +1 Well said.

Thanks.

The more I ponder Nicki Kenyon's article the more disappointed I am in "gun rights" folks like her.

It would be really nice if those parents were armed as well. If a jerk OCing comes across a bunch of OCers, ignoring him, well, the "wow factor" is not available to him and he is just another armed citizen, nothing more or less.

But, Nicki Kenyon is focused on the wrong thing. She, being focused on restricting the exercise of a right instead of working to get more law abiding jerks to OC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast