Thread: Ron Paul in 1997 on Armed BLM - Video

Ron Paul in 1997 on Armed BLM - Video

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Wow, can we get a round of applause, please?

Thank you for digging this up and posting it, onus. I find it very interesting.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 04-28-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

you are very welcome.

Yes, thank you. I've shared it on another site. Every American should be required to watch this video.

SO glad this nutjob didn't win in 2008 or 2012....can you imagine someone with such a lack of wisdom and foresight being in office????

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayRothbard View Post
    SO glad this nutjob didn't win in 2008 or 2012....can you imagine someone with such a lack of wisdom and foresight being in office????
    Sure. Just what we suffer now, the government that we deserve, inspiring progressives, that are libertarians, democraps and repugnicans at every turn.

Only The Constitution Party represents America's conservative Country Class against the progressive Ruling Party.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Only The Constitution Party represents America's conservative Country Class against the progressive Ruling Party.
    I continue to disagree with you on this point.

"Yes we need gun control. We need to disarm our bureaucrats, then abolish the agencies. If government bureaucrats like guns that much, let them seek work with the NRA."

Win.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Yes, and that's OK, I know that you have the intellectual provenance to justify your disagreement. Not so much others, particularly that mistake an epithet with the reality.

...particularly that mistake an epithet with the reality.
    I will agree that this is an easy trap to fall into. "Liberals" and "conservatives" and "libertarians" are all equally at risk.

Of course, it could be that "constitutionalists" are as well.

Sure. Just what we suffer now, the government that we deserve, inspiring progressives, that are libertarians, democraps and repugnicans at every turn.

I personally don't give a **** whether or not your class is represented well enough in government. Can you express what it is that you want in plain English? Do you want liberty or no? A society will never have liberty as a result of representation in government. Do you disagree? It would certainly seem so.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    I can well imagine what would happen if he had been elected. The constitution would be respected and many of the battles we face today would never have needed to be fought.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    I can well imagine what would happen if he had been elected. The constitution would be respected and many of the battles we face today would never have needed to be fought.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
    How so? He could not possibly stem the tidal wave of tyranny from the other members of the gang by himself, and he most certainly would have stood alone. The only thing he could have effectively done was to stonewall their efforts as much as possible, but we've clearly seen that government will still do whatever the fcuk it wants.

After all, who is capable of ACTUALLY stopping them?

Banned
    I predicted 9-11 on 7-29 ... gov't does not care

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I personally don't give a **** whether or not your class is represented well enough in government. Can you express what it is that you want in plain English? Do you want liberty or no? A society will never have liberty as a result of representation in government. Do you disagree? It would certainly seem so.
    I find it amusing that correspondents here expect concepts in neat, one paragraph or webpage bundles.

I have been reading (George Soros' handbook), The Open Society and Its Enemies, by epistemologist Karl Popper, for more than six months, and am ~400 pages into ~800 pages. I expect to read it and then re-read it following all of the internal and external citations, and taking two years. It took me more than two years of much more diffuse reading to read and understand, as much as I do, Popper's Logic of Scientific Discovery that established falsification as an answer to the Problem of Demarcation.

Try it, you might like it. http://www.amazon.com/Open-Society-I.../dp/B00C791JIO I have both the print and e-book editions. I can read about two pages at a time before I nod off in a reverie (A state of dreaming while awake; a loose or irregular train of thought; musing or meditation; daydream).

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayRothbard View Post
    SO glad this nutjob didn't win in 2008 or 2012....can you imagine someone with such a lack of wisdom and foresight being in office???? /sarcasm
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I read the Constitution Party's platform prior to the 2012 election and based on that, I agree with your continued disagreement.

I find it amusing that correspondents here expect concepts in neat, one paragraph or webpage bundles.

I have been reading (George Soros' handbook), The Open Society and Its Enemies, by epistemologist Karl Popper, for more than six months, and am ~400 pages into ~800 pages. I expect to read it and then re-read it following all of the internal and external citations, and taking two years. It took me more than two years of much more diffuse reading to read and understand, as much as I do, Popper's Logic of Scientific Discovery that established falsification as an answer to the Problem of Demarcation.

Try it, you might like it. http://www.amazon.com/Open-Society-I.../dp/B00C791JIO I have both the print and e-book editions. I can read about two pages at a time before I nod off in a reverie (A state of dreaming while awake; a loose or irregular train of thought; musing or meditation; daydream).
    I find it amusing that you'd use 151 words to answer my three yes or no questions negatively, implying that it would take too much to explain your position. I would probably - no, most certainly - benefit from reading the book.

The reason I ask is because I often find myself reading your posts and asking how it's relevant... At first I may have thought you were "missing" the mark, missing the point, or missing the "bullseye" if you will... More recently I think that perhaps you aren't missing the bullseye, but you're shooting at a different target entirely. Perhaps you're hitting the bullseye of your target, I just don't guess I know what that target is.

I don't think that asking whether or not your goal is liberty is asking for a "concept in neat, one paragraph or webpage bundle." I don't think that asking whether or not you think that liberty can be achieved by acquiring more representation in government is asking for it, either.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-01-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think the libertarian party should stop referring themselves as the large L. The true libertarians are the small l.

I work with them and sad to say that many do fight Nightmares assessment of lying and compromising. I do not.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Popper's next book was The Poverty of Historicism.

Historicism is the fallacy that history provides a logic-like syllogism with premises, events, necessarily resulting in a particular conclusion event. It is fallacious for its dependence on/derivation from the Hegelian dialectic that originated with Plato's mis-translation (and cribbed by Marx), the exposition of which forms the bulk of The Open Society and Its Enemies.

No government/tyrant can allow liberty. Our Constitution was unique in binding the tyrant government, all other constitutions were merely the tyrants edicts written out. This is explicit in 'Open Society'. We have corrupted the Constitution of our Founding Father's vision and unbound the tyrant to subject ourselves to horrors unimagined.

I believe that The Constitution Party is the best means to protect and keep what is good in our community culture and avoid progressivism (the political bowel movement - necessary and certain - to make-things-better).

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Fify
    exactly

Hitting the reset button won't help. This is why I have a hard time "believing in" the Constitution Party. Get back to basics, get government to abide by the Constitution. Then what? We still don't truly have liberty, and we'll probably have to hit reset again in another few generations. If not, then the Constitution probably wasn't necessary in the first place, because it won't have been the Constitution that kept society in a state which needs not a reset.

I would have to disagree that "progressivism" is inherently bad. Progressivism in politics is bad because politics is bad. It doesn't matter what is mandated if mandate is unjustified. "Making things better" isn't bad. If it was, it wouldn't be making things better, it'd be making things worse. How can you make things worse by making them better? Making things worse under the guise of making things better is certainly bad. Is such progressivism?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Advocate freedom please