Thread: Cop mistreats student? Say it isn't so ! TN deputy, caught on camera

Banned

Cop mistreats student? Say it isn't so ! TN deputy, caught on camera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...asses-out.html

Frank Phillips, 47, was found 'unsuitable for continued employment' by Knox County Sheriff J.J. Jones

Choke Choke here
    Choke Choke there
    And a couple of tra la las
    That's how we laugh the day away
    In the merry old land of Oz err TN
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-28-2014 at 05:26 PM.

davidmcbeth - you are just a cop hater. this kid obviously baited the cops who were just protecting and serving their community.

those cops have the right to go home at the end of the night to see their family.

that kid could have had a rifle or pressure cooker in his pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    davidmcbeth - you are just a cop hater. this kid obviously baited the cops who were just protecting and serving their community.

those cops have the right to go home at the end of the night to see their family.

Cop apologist and statism at its finest. How do you sleep?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Cop apologist and statism at its finest. How do you sleep?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Is it feeding time?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Is it feeding time?
    It is that time of the day.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by oc for me View Post
    it is that time of the day month.
    fify
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

fify
    .....ouch!!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good cop bashing now. The Sheriff has fired the deputy with grabby hands and referred this incident ti the DA, and suspended the other deputies involved.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good cop bashing now. The Sheriff has fired the deputy with grabby hands and referred this incident ti the DA, and suspended the other deputies involved.

You obviously can see the forest AND the trees, in spite of the underbrush

Banned

Don't you mean EX-cop hater ... an example of proper corrective action ... too bad he was not charged with a crime...he should have been

You go and choke someone, let me know how it turns out (I know you wouldn't do such an act)

Banned
    http://imgur.com/Y1yfGwD

Here ya go .. showing the positive side to the story !

He has not been charged with a crime yet. But the sheriff has handed the case over to the DA to look into it. I'm not sure what else you expect him to do. I'm hearing rumors that he's been arrested for some other poor behavior, but can't find confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't you mean EX-cop hater ... an example of proper corrective action ... too bad he was not charged with a crime...he should have been

You go and choke someone, let me know how it turns out (I know you wouldn't do such an act)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    He has not been charged with a crime yet. But the sheriff has handed the case over to the DA to look into it. I'm not sure what else you expect him to do. I'm hearing rumors that he's been arrested for some other poor behavior, but can't find confirmation.
    Anyone with experience would know that if a citizen goes to the DA's office with a criminal issue, they just point you down to the police. He could have arrested him if he wanted to ... why he did not is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Anyone with experience would know that if a citizen goes to the DA's office with a criminal issue, they just point you down to the police. He could have arrested him if he wanted to ... why he did not is a mystery.
    Better the route he is traveling. IMHO, in this case is better to have the prosecutor on board first.

A cop chokes a citizen, a restrained and compliant citizen, into unconsciousness. The incident is documented on film. Witnesses confirm the authenticity of the photos and events depicted therein. And the prosecutor is asked to determine if a crime was committed. Hmmm...

If I were to choke a citizen into unconsciousness, I would be arrested and then hope that the prosecutor does not prosecute the charges filed against me.

Better the route he is traveling. IMHO, in this case is better to have the prosecutor on board first.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A cop chokes a citizen, a restrained and compliant citizen, into unconsciousness. The incident is documented on film. Witnesses confirm the authenticity of the photos and events depicted therein. And the prosecutor is asked to determine if a crime was committed. Hmmm...

If I were to choke a citizen into unconsciousness, I would be arrested and then hope that the prosecutor does not prosecute the charges filed against me.
    Not questioning if there was a problem - only suggesting that there is an acceptable procedure in place. Line up the ducks and then get quacking.

Wink

You just need to get yourself one of those empowerment badges....aka get out of jail free card. Just like in Monopoly.

Not questioning if there was a problem - only suggesting that there is an acceptable procedure in place. Line up the ducks and then get quacking.
    There is, apparently, two procedures in place.

There is, apparently, two procedures in place.
    You're right - Yes there are

Banned
    Well, I called a states attorney office today regarding a complaint I wanted file against our state police for violating CGS Sec. 1-240 ... not complying with an order from our freedom of information commission.

The SA office seemed interested so I'll shoot them a short synopsis of the problem.

So one can go to a DA/SA .. they are the head law enforcement for their area...

But if it were you or me, we'd be in handcuffs by now for what this guy did.

Special people deserve special treatment I guess.

In my agency, a choke hold outside of a deadly force encounter can get you fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    In my agency, a choke hold outside of a deadly force encounter can get you fired.
    What about choking somebody out with both hands?

That's what happened here.

Can? Or will?

Also, an actual "choke hold" as taught to LE/Military is applied from behind to constrict arteries to brain on each side of the neck. A frontal grab like this cop used has chance of lethal damage to larynx/pharynx -- it's a thug tactic.

JJ the Sheriff is in middle of election right now -- I'm sure he assumed quicker the better to act on this vote wise, too.

- OS
    Last edited by Oh Shoot; 04-30-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Did anybody NOT see the heavy sarcasm in this? I did, and it made me laugh.
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.