• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop mistreats student? Say it isn't so ! TN deputy, caught on camera

onus

davidmcbeth - you are just a cop hater. this kid obviously baited the cops who were just protecting and serving their community.

those cops have the right to go home at the end of the night to see their family.

that kid could have had a rifle or pressure cooker in his pockets.

Primus

davidmcbeth - you are just a cop hater. this kid obviously baited the cops who were just protecting and serving their community.

those cops have the right to go home at the end of the night to see their family.

Cop apologist and statism at its finest. How do you sleep?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned

Don't you mean EX-cop hater ... an example of proper corrective action ... too bad he was not charged with a crime...he should have been

You go and choke someone, let me know how it turns out (I know you wouldn't do such an act)

kcgunfan

He has not been charged with a crime yet. But the sheriff has handed the case over to the DA to look into it. I'm not sure what else you expect him to do. I'm hearing rumors that he's been arrested for some other poor behavior, but can't find confirmation.

Don't you mean EX-cop hater ... an example of proper corrective action ... too bad he was not charged with a crime...he should have been

You go and choke someone, let me know how it turns out (I know you wouldn't do such an act)

davidmcbeth

Banned
He has not been charged with a crime yet. But the sheriff has handed the case over to the DA to look into it. I'm not sure what else you expect him to do. I'm hearing rumors that he's been arrested for some other poor behavior, but can't find confirmation.

Anyone with experience would know that if a citizen goes to the DA's office with a criminal issue, they just point you down to the police. He could have arrested him if he wanted to ... why he did not is a mystery.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone with experience would know that if a citizen goes to the DA's office with a criminal issue, they just point you down to the police. He could have arrested him if he wanted to ... why he did not is a mystery.

Better the route he is traveling. IMHO, in this case is better to have the prosecutor on board first.

OC for ME

A cop chokes a citizen, a restrained and compliant citizen, into unconsciousness. The incident is documented on film. Witnesses confirm the authenticity of the photos and events depicted therein. And the prosecutor is asked to determine if a crime was committed. Hmmm...

If I were to choke a citizen into unconsciousness, I would be arrested and then hope that the prosecutor does not prosecute the charges filed against me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Better the route he is traveling. IMHO, in this case is better to have the prosecutor on board first.
A cop chokes a citizen, a restrained and compliant citizen, into unconsciousness. The incident is documented on film. Witnesses confirm the authenticity of the photos and events depicted therein. And the prosecutor is asked to determine if a crime was committed. Hmmm...

If I were to choke a citizen into unconsciousness, I would be arrested and then hope that the prosecutor does not prosecute the charges filed against me.
Not questioning if there was a problem - only suggesting that there is an acceptable procedure in place. Line up the ducks and then get quacking.

DocWalker

You just need to get yourself one of those empowerment badges....aka get out of jail free card. Just like in Monopoly.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, I called a states attorney office today regarding a complaint I wanted file against our state police for violating CGS Sec. 1-240 ... not complying with an order from our freedom of information commission.

The SA office seemed interested so I'll shoot them a short synopsis of the problem.

So one can go to a DA/SA .. they are the head law enforcement for their area...

But if it were you or me, we'd be in handcuffs by now for what this guy did.

Special people deserve special treatment I guess.