• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop mistreats student? Say it isn't so ! TN deputy, caught on camera

Oh Shoot

In my agency, a choke hold outside of a deadly force encounter can get you fired.

Also, an actual "choke hold" as taught to LE/Military is applied from behind to constrict arteries to brain on each side of the neck. A frontal grab like this cop used has chance of lethal damage to larynx/pharynx -- it's a thug tactic.

JJ the Sheriff is in middle of election right now -- I'm sure he assumed quicker the better to act on this vote wise, too.

- OS

Last edited:

Silvertongue

davidmcbeth - you are just a cop hater. this kid obviously baited the cops who were just protecting and serving their community.

those cops have the right to go home at the end of the night to see their family.

that kid could have had a rifle or pressure cooker in his pockets.

Did anybody NOT see the heavy sarcasm in this? I did, and it made me laugh.