• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Gun Trader BBQ & Tannerite Shoot Gets Checked Out

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They were the explosions and loud booms that had all of you talking this weekend. NBC12 got complaints from all over Chesterfield County about explosions and booms.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/25370026/investigation-into-chesterfield-booms

Just heard back from the guys that are securing the property for the tannerite=shoot-bbq. The date will be Saturday April 26.
It will be in Chesterfield County, Matoaca to be exact.

------what is the Tannerite BBQ?
Well, its an event where we shoot guns, blow up tannerite targets, have a cookout and eat, shoot some more....and just have fun.
-The event starts around ...11am? (still to be determined). We start shooting and blowing up the tannerite.
-About 15 minutes into the shooting the police show up to investigate reports of WW3. They just want to see all the cool machine guns that are there.
-We shoot until maybe 1-2pm?? ....until we get hungry, then myself a few other will cook lunch.
-After eating we shoot some more. Someone usually brings an old truck and boat to shoot at. Also freezers, TVs, and all kinds of junk to shoot up.
-Basically we shoot until dark, then some of us camp out..campers and tents. We build a fire and sit around...you know, camping. Some guys get a wild hair and take their 4x4s mud bogging at midnight.
-Then Sunday we help clean up and head on home. And others come back and help clean up.

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/689956#Post689956

Gallowmere

The wife and I were planning on attending, but she ended up having to work, unfortunately. I've heard nothing but good things about the event, though I could see a bit of whining coming from the local antis and Fudd-ery. Large quantities of rifle/handgun/shotgun fire, explosions, and destroyed old appliances? What more could one ask, from a Saturday event? :D

davidmcbeth

Banned
Whole lot of media noise about nothing.

The whole house shook? Really? Haven't we been told a million times, "Don't exaggerate."
http://www.nbc12.com/category/240224/video-landing-page?clipId=10101309&autostart=true

Think the people putting small holes in big things would make great neighbors :)

Anti-tannerites ! They are everywhere.

Use nitroglycerin instead .. funner to make, funner to shoot. Don't tell me that's illegal? Why did I learn how to make it then?

VaGunTrader

The land owner notified the police that morning about what we would be doing.
The past two times the police would show up with a half hour to investigate the noise. They were always cool about it, just checking things out.
They didnt show up this time until after dark. We stopped shooting about a half hour before dark. Seems there was some noise somewhere else that people were complaining about, police and fire marshal stopped by to find out when we would stop shooting. Told them we hadnt shot for over an hour. Again they were cool.

The event went well, I'd guess there were 200 people there.

Some of us camped out, had a big screen TV, powered by one of the guys motorhome, and watched the RIR race. One guy brought a big telescope, got to view Jupiter and its moons.

All went well!!

HPmatt

Some of us camped out, had a big screen TV, powered by one of the guys motorhome, and watched the RIR race. One guy brought a big telescope, got to view Jupiter and its moons.

All went well!!

But a few of you guys were trying to figure out the proper trajectory to shoot something at one of Jupiter's moons....