• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Annoyance with Anti-Gunners.

georg jetson

A real estate contract also requires "consideration" - which might only be $1.00, love and other considerations.

If an offer to buy is made meeting the listed minimum terms and not accepted by the sellers, one can sue for specific performance = force the sale.

If the offer is not accepted then there is no contract between buyer and seller. The only contract that can be enforced in that case is the one between the seller and the agent. The agent can sue for his/her commision.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If the offer is not accepted then there is no contract between buyer and seller. The only contract that can be enforced in that case is the one between the seller and the agent. The agent can sue for his/her commision.
Seller and agent have contract. Buyer offers to buy in full compliance with terms of listing. Sellers refuses to perform.

Agent has loss - can sue if commission not paid.

Buyer has loss - can sue if offer to buy is not accepted

Means: Sue for specific performance. I have seen this done successfully.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/articl...a-successful-lawsuit-for-specific-performance

Logan 5

Are you sure about that? I see this as a maze in the grey area of the law.

While the home is for sale, doesn't the owner still have the right to say if firearms are permitted or not?
If they still live there I think they have that choice. Kinda like smoking. They can say "no smoking" and be accepted as legal.
I imagine that if they still live in the home they can say no firearms. However if they do not live there any longer I don't think they can say that. Likewise if they have the home for sale and feel uncomfortable with firearms, they can always go to the store while you're there.

One argument I can nearly guarantee will come up though is if you feel THAT uncomfortable viewing a house for sale that you must have a firearm, don't go in. Personally, if my home is for sale and you come to look at it because you're considering buying it, I don't care if you're CCing or OCing (just no rifles or shotguns). Hell, Grapeshot if you came to my home OCing, it wouldn't bother me any. Just buy the damned place already, alright?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are you sure about that? I see this as a maze in the grey area of the law.

While the home is for sale, doesn't the owner still have the right to say if firearms are permitted or not?
If they still live there I think they have that choice. Kinda like smoking. They can say "no smoking" and be accepted as legal.
I imagine that if they still live in the home they can say no firearms. However if they do not live there any longer I don't think they can say that. Likewise if they have the home for sale and feel uncomfortable with firearms, they can always go to the store while you're there.

One argument I can nearly guarantee will come up though is if you feel THAT uncomfortable viewing a house for sale that you must have a firearm, don't go in. Personally, if my home is for sale and you come to look at it because you're considering buying it, I don't care if you're CCing or OCing (just no rifles or shotguns). Hell, Grapeshot if you came to my home OCing, it wouldn't bother me any. Just buy the damned place already, alright?
Yep, I'm sure of it in accordance with VA & NC laws/courts where I have been certified as an expert witness - different states, different laws & still subject to judge's decision.

Situation is that an MLS listing (Board of Realtors) is a contract. Refusal to accept/endorse such an offer in accordance with those terms creates liability, both for the agent's commission for providing a ready, willing and able buyer + liability for purchaser's loss and expenses thereof. Practically speaking, it likely would be prohibitively expensive to file suit.

If I neither wore shirt or shoes and wanted to see and/or buy your home, I best be allowed to do so unless you listed those as qualifiers on your contract with the agent.....safety considerations aside. If OTOH, I were doing something already illegal (i.e. wearing a mask) then you would probably be on safe ground.