Thread: NRA crowd cheered Sheriff Clarke's story of Milwaukee janitor killing two teens. MJS

NRA crowd cheered Sheriff Clarke's story of Milwaukee janitor killing two teens. MJS

During his speech at the National Rifle Association's national convention in Indianapolis last week, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. spoke said he considers the law-abiding armed citizen to be "the great equalizer." ¶ He then told three anecdotes from Milwaukee in which legal gun owners used them. The first was about Jeremy Rossetto, a Cudahy man, attacked while working at an apartment building in Milwaukee in March. ¶ "He was being savagely beaten by three suspects, one wielding a small club," Clarke said. "He told me afterwards he thought he was going to die. He was able to pull his firearm from its holster and deliver two shots, killing two of the suspects and saving his own life." ¶ The crowd cheered, and whistled.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/257245491.html

There are link URL's in the original. Including this video of Sheriff Clarke's address.
    http://conservativevideos.com/2014/0...eeting-speech/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The title of this thread should be "NRA crowd cheered story of janitor surviving attack by three criminals" or something like that. He didnt seek out murder.

No man... you have to spin it. Telling it like it is wouldn't produce the affect the media wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    No man... you have to spin it. Telling it like it is wouldn't produce the affect the media wants.
    And there you have the unvarnished truth. The media, certain politicians, and the financial supporters of both have a very clearly defined agenda if you look close enough.

The agenda is this: No politician, as a surrogate for his financial backers, can wield absolute power as long as there are armed citizens. We know who some of the politicians and financial backers are. We also have a pretty good idea that the media has been bought, in one way or the other, by those seeking to destroy the country. What we do not yet know is if there are others behind them. I strongly suspect that there are.

Am I a "conspiracy theorist"? No, just an old man who has seen his country go from being a relatively free, relatively strong, and very rich nation to being almost a police state, growing weaker militarily and socially by the day, and rapidly being spent into bankruptcy by politicians who are drawing obscene salaries.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    We're not going to win by stooping to their level.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Most people only read the head lines and maybe a line or two of the article.

Having the proper head line and first couple of sentences can having a very telling effect.

The pro gun media has to craft their head lines and story for the maximum positive effect just as the antis do for the maximum negative effect.

There no need lie just tell the same stories in a positive light instead of a negative one.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Here's some of the editorial down the page in the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal 'Sentinel' by activist reporter Bruce Vielmetti bvielmetti@journalsentinel.com

"Those firearms, in the hands of law-abiding citizens, saved lives," he said.

Theoretically. Maybe the dead perpetrators would have killed someone during their crimes, maybe not. Actually, those guns killed three people.

The gun owners in Clarke's anecdotes were found to have been acting within the law, and there are many who believe that such stories will eventually deter crime. But does it help that cause to cheer stories of people being killed?

I think Bruce should clarify which three people he wouldn't mind to be dead: either the perps, or those defending their lives.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651