• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USSC Judge openly hates the constitution and your guns

Freedom1Man

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/29/s...-candidly-about-gutting-the-second-amendment/

Justice John Paul Stevens doesn’t believe anyone has the right to own a gun, and admits that you would need to rewrite the Constitution to make his preference a legal reality. And that’s exactly what he thinks should happen.

Throughout his 35-year tenure on the Supreme Court, Justice Stevens was a lion of the legal left. He was an unapologetic advocate of the “Living Constitution”— that judges should continually reinterpret the words of the Constitution in accordance with what they, and other elite members of society, decide is the evolving enlightenment of modern society.

Justice Stevens retired in 2010 at the end of the second-longest tenure in Supreme Court history. (The only justice to serve longer is the one he replaced in 1975, William Douglas, with 36 years). Now Justice Stevens has written a book on the Constitution called Six Amendments: How and Why We Should Change the Constitution. The title says it all.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I told you people to write a complaint to the Ill. Bar Assoc...even provided a link and example letter.

He cannot propose new law ... he's still a sitting judge at the appellate court level.

So quit wasting your ink here and file an ethics complaint with the bar assoc. of Il.

SovereignAxe

that judges should continually reinterpret the words of the Constitution in accordance with what they, and other elite members of society

I'm sorry, but as soon as I see those words I immediately stop reading, as I cannot believe anything else the writer has to say. It's not that a don't believe the premise of the story, or that the Judge is in the wrong, but words like "elite members of society" and "washington elite" just scream right wing to me.

sudden valley gunner

I'm sorry, but as soon as I see those words I immediately stop reading, as I cannot believe anything else the writer has to say. It's not that a don't believe the premise of the story, or that the Judge is in the wrong, but words like "elite members of society" and "washington elite" just scream right wing to me.

Yet the political elite and their connected is a reality. As nothing to do with a Pseudo "right wing".

mikeyb

Yet the political elite and their connected is a reality. As nothing to do with a Pseudo "right wing".

Yup. Political connections are amazingly complex and hidden from most people. Those "in power" want to stay in power. I was reading an article from The Stranger on Ian Birk and the amount of connection and favors just at the city level heeb my jeebs.

Movers and shakers, pimps and ******.

sudden valley gunner

Yup. Political connections are amazingly complex and hidden from most people. Those "in power" want to stay in power. I was reading an article from The Stranger on Ian Birk and the amount of connection and favors just at the city level heeb my jeebs.

Movers and shakers, pimps and ******.

I find it horrid that even at significantly smaller cities like Bellingham the elitism practiced.

Do you have a link to that article I'd love to read it. Even though murdering cops who get away with their crimes make me vomit.