• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay Police were targets of an online threat

Superlite27

Yah but guilt by association will. "The likes of them did it!"

"Guilt by association"?

I was unaware I, a lawful open carrier, was associated with Anonymous.

I'm sure I'm not the only one clueless about this association.

"The likes of them did it!"

"The likes of them" connotes a similarity.

Explain how a group of like minded citizens responsibly carrying firearms openly in strict adherence to the law is, in any manner, similar to a group of randomly associated individuals acting behind the scenes "willy-nilly" in somewhat contemptuous disregard of the law.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I called the Mayor up and threatened him with a 3rd Bears game this coming season .... he cried and called me the worse terrorists in the world ! When I said "Fine, make it four!" I heard the phone drop, footsteps and sounds of a guy crying and running away....

Mission accomplished !

Law abider

"Guilt by association"?

I was unaware I, a lawful open carrier, was associated with Anonymous.

I'm sure I'm not the only one clueless about this association.

"The likes of them" connotes a similarity.

Explain how a group of like minded citizens responsibly carrying firearms openly in strict adherence to the law is, in any manner, similar to a group of randomly associated individuals acting behind the scenes "willy-nilly" in somewhat contemptuous disregard of the law.

Cops may associate us with the hackers. You could have done it or I or anyone of us..Anonymous..

Superlite27

Cops may associate us with the hackers.

What reason would cause the cops to associate "us" with the hackers? What would link the two in order to cause the association? This is like saying, "I like to eat carrot cake. I hope the cops don't suspect people who like carrot cake of burning down that warehouse down the street." The two are so completely unrelated, they're far enough apart to be a non sequiter.

There has to be a reason to associate.

You could have done it or I or anyone of us..Anonymous..

I could have done it, or you, or any one of us.......

......as much as the cake decorator at my sister's wedding, my aunt's gardener, or Tom Cruise.

Therefore, if anybody could have done it.........

....why would open carriers be more likely to be associated with it any more than any other unrelated demographic when we're just as unrelated as anyone else?

Law abider

What reason would cause the cops to associate "us" with the hackers? What would link the two in order to cause the association? This is like saying, "I like to eat carrot cake. I hope the cops don't suspect people who like carrot cake of burning down that warehouse down the street." The two are so completely unrelated, they're far enough apart to be a non sequiter.

There has to be a reason to associate.

I could have done it, or you, or any one of us.......

......as much as the cake decorator at my sister's wedding, my aunt's gardener, or Tom Cruise.

Therefore, if anybody could have done it.........

....why would open carriers be more likely to be associated with it any more than any other unrelated demographic when we're just as unrelated as anyone else?

leos in general have a 'us vs them' mentality. I know that it is a far fetched thing for we here to hack a police website. But not the leo. They say, "Our website got hacked, must be those 2A nut bags roaming around with their guns. Who else could it be?" This is how leos in general think, esp in big cities. My 2 cents worth. Leos in general are high minded. For example I know this leo in Prescott. He is a young ex military like my buddy. Every time he is at my buddy's home while on duty, stopping by, I say hi. He looks at me from a soap box. I asked my buddy, why so and so behaves this way? He said because he is a cop, he thinks he is better than you. Don't worry, I'll work on him.

Primus

leos in general have a 'us vs them' mentality. I know that it is a far fetched thing for we here to hack a police website. But not the leo. They say, "Our website got hacked, must be those 2A nut bags roaming around with their guns. Who else could it be?" This is how leos in general think, esp in big cities. My 2 cents worth. Leos in general are high minded. For example I know this leo in Prescott. He is a young ex military like my buddy. Every time he is at my buddy's home while on duty, stopping by, I say hi. He looks at me from a soap box. I asked my buddy, why so and so behaves this way? He said because he is a cop, he thinks he is better than you. Don't worry, I'll work on him.

Hmmmm....

Making a "general" assumption about leos while stating they make general assumptions about us...

That's like saying the very few guys on here that advocate shooting police represent everyone who is 2a. Would that he favor or accurate? No.

But I could easily.say... "hey this guy onus just said people should shoot cops and he's pro 2a on a pro 2a website so I guess in general guys who are pro 2a want cops to get shot".

Now I know that's not the case. I know that vast majority of guys here are not that extreme. But I also know there's at LEAST 3 or 4 who do agree with him. But I still believe they don't represent the entire pro 2a field.

And then I could say.... "look this other guy posted a video "when its ok to shoot police" from YouTube. Ahhh its on YouTube so clearly they are ok with killing other people like crazy nut jobs!!".

But its just reality.

Reality is there are idiots on both "sides" and there are people on both "sides" who promote "sides".

I think the only sides there are is Bosox and Yankees. If you ra Yankee fan you deserve to be shot on sight. (JOKE).

Might also be why NYPD shoots so many citizens so often.... they know if they miss they are bound to hit Yankees fans probably wearing Yankees gear, so its a win win. (JOKE)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Law abider

Hmmmm....

Making a "general" assumption about leos while stating they make general assumptions about us...

That's like saying the very few guys on here that advocate shooting police represent everyone who is 2a. Would that he favor or accurate? No.

But I could easily.say... "hey this guy onus just said people should shoot cops and he's pro 2a on a pro 2a website so I guess in general guys who are pro 2a want cops to get shot".

Now I know that's not the case. I know that vast majority of guys here are not that extreme. But I also know there's at LEAST 3 or 4 who do agree with him. But I still believe they don't represent the entire pro 2a field.

And then I could say.... "look this other guy posted a video "when its ok to shoot police" from YouTube. Ahhh its on YouTube so clearly they are ok with killing other people like crazy nut jobs!!".

But its just reality.

Reality is there are idiots on both "sides" and there are people on both "sides" who promote "sides".

I think the only sides there are is Bosox and Yankees. If you ra Yankee fan you deserve to be shot on sight. (JOKE).

Might also be why NYPD shoots so many citizens so often.... they know if they miss they are bound to hit Yankees fans probably wearing Yankees gear, so its a win win. (JOKE)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Yep Out there things are painted with a large brush and with broad strokes. The details are worked out in the court rooms.

OC for ME

There are numerous instances of law abiding cops shooting law abiding citizens. I have searched and have yet to find a instance of a law abiding citizen shooting a law abiding cop. But, my Google-Fu is weak today.

Law abider

There are numerous instances of law abiding cops shooting law abiding citizens. I have searched and have yet to find a instance of a law abiding citizen shooting a law abiding cop. But, my Google-Fu is weak today.

Agreed with you point. However mine only pertains to the hackers hacking the police website. Our constitution has been disregarded for so long esp 2A that this situation has created a group of people who, because of their job description feel they are a cut above. Madison thinks they are too.Remember the bill in Madison that would have given off duty leos the PRIVILEGE to carry their gun into a school building? Now there are good leos who believe in our 2A and the constitution like chief of Prescott but they are not the majority yet. I wonder what power is coursing in the veins of leos in NYC? We need leos. I'll be the first to be their friend, even the bad ones. Just my opinion subject to change.