Thread: Head of Michael Bloomberg's MAIG Gun Control Group Stepping Down

Head of Michael Bloomberg's MAIG Gun Control Group Stepping Down

"For those who look at MAIG as a failing organization because of its inability to beat the NRA, Glaze said: "People who thought that you were going to win the hardest public policy fight there is overnight and defeat the toughest special interest were kidding themselves."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Stepping-Down
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Not that I have any love for the NRA, but they have to understand that the media tactic is NRA you can't win because your 20M cannot beat 50M.

This is the strategy Ronald Reagan used against the USSR with the Star Wars threat. We will out spend you Russia and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Not that I have any love for the NRA, but they have to understand that the media tactic is NRA you can't win because your 20M cannot beat 50M.

This is the strategy Ronald Reagan used against the USSR with the Star Wars threat. We will out spend you Russia and it worked.
    I believe that it was the titanium hulled Papa/Anchar Class of one vessel K-162/222.

The same risk endures for the US in, for example, the increasingly difficult to weld hull steels that we US use.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-01-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Deride Bloomberg all you want, but the cold hard fact is the majority of voters are neither Democrat nor Republican. They're Independents. They're also bright, well read, and well educated. They are not necessarily all that well-educated on firearms safety nor their use for protecting our own safety both inside and outside the home.

What sway's their opinion? Facts, particularly clear, well-stated and well-substantiated facts. Hick statements like "pry them from my cold, dead fingers" etc. just make us look stupid in their eyes. It's fun for us, but it does NOT help our cause. Since they're swing voters on many issues, we can NOT allow Bloomberg to outfox us like that and succor them over to his side.

We may not be able to outspend him, but we CAN outfox him, for one simple reasons: The facts are on our side. Stick to the simple, verifiable facts, like these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOW PIERS MORGAN LIES.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	11583

We can also tackle his rhetoric. For example, in the article, Bloomberg mentions we're the "last nation on Earth with this problem." The facts mentioned above counter the nonsense that guns are the problem and support the face they're the solution. As for the rest of the comment, flip it around, back on Bloomberg: "You mean he's saying we're wrong? Then why do the facts say otherwise?"
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.