My reasons to OC
1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
5. Because I can and want to
6. Because it's perfectly legal
7. Self defense
Glad to see my Rep, Klint Kesto, responded correctly to my in-person request on the day of the rally to co-sponsor this bill.
Folks, attending the Lansing rallies and going in-person to talk to your elected officials has influence. Keep up the attendance, and those who haven't yet: one vacation day spent on this is well worth it. If you're a gun owner and not at the Lansing annual rally, there's no damn excuse for you (unless you've got an emergency).
"The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi