• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Amendment Rally Article

xmanhockey7

Alright and everything muzzle down on pavement, should there be a discharge, could cause a ricochet and hurt someone. If we need it always pointed in a 100% safe direction I don't know that we could carry anywhere other than a beach muzzle down.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yeah, there really is no 100% guarantee of safety. in crowds i prefer to carry muzzle down and gun in front of me so i can see and maintain positive control of it 100% of the time. other people there did have some pretty sloppy methods of carry though.

Raggs

yeah, there really is no 100% guarantee of safety. in crowds i prefer to carry muzzle down and gun in front of me so i can see and maintain positive control of it 100% of the time. other people there did have some pretty sloppy methods of carry though.

Someone posted a long reply as to how muzzle up is the preferred way to carry a rifle, Even after having the MSP ask that they be pointed down unless the person was in the capital and then the MSP asked that muzzles be pointed up.

Haman J.T.

Alright and everything muzzle down on pavement, should there be a discharge, could cause a ricochet and hurt someone. If we need it always pointed in a 100% safe direction I don't know that we could carry anywhere other than a beach muzzle down.
It IS scientifically proven that bullits shot straight up DO NOT REACH TERMINAL VELOCITY on their way down! FACT! So every bullit shot straight up from any firearm (muzzle up) CANNOT be fatal! FACT! CARRY ON!

Last edited:

TheQ

Like this?

6a3usaze.jpg

Taken from last year's spring march. Yes, that was on TV

Image altered to protect identities but to demonstrate problem of urban LGOC by novice carriers esp muzzle up.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Well - wise of you to post it here for all our foes to have easy access to.:confused: Doh!

Last edited:

Raggs

Well - wise of you to post it here for all our foes to have easy access to.:confused: Doh!

I have seen that posted before. I think it is great posting a pic to shame the person into carrying in a better way than just reaching out to them and talking to them. I see them at many events and have talked with them, nice people.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I see them at many events and have talked with them, nice people.

If you have spoken to them, why do they still carry in an unsafe manner. I am not a very nice man when it comes to unsafe acts with weapons.

A few years ago we had a rally at our capitol in Olympia (WA). There was a portly gentleman with several long guns wrapped around him. He was constantly sweeping and they slipped off his shoulders quite a bit. Very sloppy, dangerous man.

Primus

Regardless of height anyone notice the gun is upside down? Looks like the front sight post is pointed down.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
If you have spoken to them, why do they still carry in an unsafe manner. I am not a very nice man when it comes to unsafe acts with weapons.

A few years ago we had a rally at our capitol in Olympia (WA). There was a portly gentleman with several long guns wrapped around him. He was constantly sweeping and they slipped off his shoulders quite a bit. Very sloppy, dangerous man.
They don't carry like that anymore. At the recent event they carried like this: http://www.wzzm13.com/picture-galle.../gun-rights-rally-in-lansing---42914/8464667/

Last edited:

Holding Hands

They don't carry like that anymore. At the recent event they carried like this: http://www.wzzm13.com/picture-galle.../gun-rights-rally-in-lansing---42914/8464667/

First, I would like to thank this Forum for all the great information that is here..

Last year was the first "Rally" we went to, we were in the march down Michigan Ave. to the rally.
We spent all day mingling, and pictures being taken, And I will say NOBODY and I mean NOBODY came up to us to say ya know the proper way to carry is to point it down, it would of taken only 5 seconds to some one to be nice...
nothing I say will change it....

The Q, thank you also.. By all means NEVER miss an opportunity to use us as a learning experience to criticize someone on the improper way to be seen in public you are absolutely right, it's the internet it will never go away..

Venator,Raggs,FreeinAz thanks for the kind words, what Raggs meant was that he has talked with us in general after that rally,not about that day that we were in error..

That was the first and last time for that blunder...nothing I say will change it, learn and move on..

We have been to many event's in the past year most recent, the NRA convention in Indianapolis,
with MSNBC.COM posting our picture. The Romulus rally with our picture, the Lansing rally with our picture
the Los Angeles Times with our picture.

We are humbled by our experience to promote OPEN CARRY .... thank you Chris and Marty

missoak

I talked to the guy briefly in Romulus. He was carrying correctly on that day.

Attachments

• OCM4 RS.jpg
    OCM4 RS.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 88

TheQ

LGOC is just rife with problems, especially for novice carriers. My post was meant to demonstrate this. I thought we don't talk about LGOC on OCDO?

Last edited:

TheQ

I have seen that posted before. I think it is great posting a pic to shame the person into carrying in a better way than just reaching out to them and talking to them. I see them at many events and have talked with them, nice people.

It wasn't so much to shame the people in the pic but rather to demonstrate the problems of LGOC, especially by novice carriers.

DanM

Raggs said:

It wasn't so much to shame the people in the pic but rather to demonstrate the problems of LGOC, especially by novice carriers.

TheQ, your post was correct and appropriate. If someone has a pic or video of me violating any of the four laws of gun safety, post it for everyone else's education.

The 1st Law - The Gun Is Always Loaded.
The 2nd Law - Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy.
The 3rd Law - Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It.
The 4th Law - Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target.

Bolded for emphasis on what I am reminded of by TheQ's post. Particularly for LGOC'ers, such as myself on special occasions like the annual political event in Lansing, don't LGOC if you don't have the four laws down rock solid.