• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The stripping of our liberty

Freedom1Man

I read two articles today that shocked me and while they may have been about drug stops, these will soon be used against all of us.

Federal Appeals Court: Driving With Upright Posture and Acne Is Sufficient Evidence For Traffic Stop

Read more: http://benswann.com/federal-appeals...ient-evidence-for-traffic-stop/#ixzz30aZ4g1VU

Semmerling noticed that Westhoven’s arms were “straight and locked out” at a “ten-and-two position on the steering wheel” as she was driving by. Semmerling decided that this was unusual behavior, and made a U-turn to stop Westhoven “for an immigration check to determine the citizenship of the driver and any passengers.” Upon stopping Westhoven he observed that her vehicle, a Ford F-150, had tinted windows and Arizona license plates. Semmerling was convinced that this was suspicious.

Really, I thought most of us were taught to 'drive' in this fashion. So I looked at E-How.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7270512_proper-seat-posture_.html
Posture

Sit back against the seat. Keep knees parallel or slightly higher than your hips. Place your hands on either side of the steering wheel. Relax your shoulders. Opinions differ over whether the best steering position is to put your hands at 10 and 2 o'clock or 9 and 3 o'clock (meaning those positions on a clock with a face). The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration maintains it doesn't have enough data to recommend one position over the other.
So, following the rules and doing things correctly is now probable cause for a stop? Well those of us who OC know that this happens even when simply walking, so, it's still not right.

On to the next story.

Pennsylvania Supreme Court: No Warrant Needed to Search Citizens’ Vehicles

Read more: http://benswann.com/pennsylvania-su...ed-to-search-citizens-vehicles/#ixzz30aaAJ8kQ

Philadelphia, May 2, 2014- The Pennsylvania Supreme court, in a 4-2 decision, has issued a ruling that police officers are not required to obtain a search warrant before searching a vehicle. This decision overturns the protections offered by the Pennsylvania state constitution as well as those enumerated in the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

The court opinion, issued by Justice Seamus McCaffery concluded that, “the prerequisite for a warrantless search of a motor vehicle is probable cause to search.”

So, if I understand this correctly, if a cop BELIEVES/THINKS/WANTS to search your vehicle, it's fine. He/She does not need your permission anymore and there is no requirement for a court order (warrant) to search it without your permission.

I don't see this going well for us gun owners here very quickly.

So you're riding along in your automobile and the officer just feels like harassing you, now you can be stopped, searched and violated all with the OKAY of the criminals in black robes.

What's next?