Thread: Cashman Center

Cashman Center

I was wondering if anyone has OC at Cashman Center lately (other than a Gun show) and how it went?

Planning to take the family to the Science & Technology Festival there today and am hoping for a positive response.

Thanks

Big naughty no-no signs out front. From what I've heard on the forum this is likely the scenario: The convention bureau is a public/private partnership (whatever that means). You can't CC (and the signs say no weapons period), but under the law, you can OC. What was suggested to me will happen is they will pull the "private" card and ask you to leave.

Might as well try it. Make sure you can 'educate' the folks (see my link below, he he he) when they most certainly challenge you. I don't know if it's worth potentially being asked to leave with your family there. Maybe call it an exercise in family rights outing.

If you do it, PLEASE get video or at least audio of the encounter. We need the evidence of what they do so that we can fight it OFFICIALLY.

Right now, they continue to get away with doing whatever they want. They pick their "private" or "public" label to be able to trespass you or cite you for violating law, depending on how you are carrying. And they will pick the different label for the next guy, depending on how he is carrying. Once we get evidence of which way they are going, we can force the issue.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I have OC'd at Cashman with no issue.... but never during a ballgame which I am a season ticket holder to.

The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Which owns and operates Cashman Center (and Cashman field), is a political subdivision of the State of Nevada. It even has its own police force. As such its buildings fall under the section of the law as "public buildings." They are posted, and therefore, it is against the law to carry concealed there even if you have a valid permit (NRS 202.3673 - a misdemeanor).

As to open carrying, the law does not say anything but I believe that the management of Cashman may invoke the trespass law and remove you from the premises.

Good luck.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, Which owns and operates Cashman Center (and Cashman field), is a political subdivision of the State of Nevada. It even has its own police force. As such its buildings fall under the section of the law as "public buildings." They are posted, and therefore, it is against the law to carry concealed there even if you have a valid permit (NRS 202.3673 - a misdemeanor).

As to open carrying, the law does not say anything but I believe that the management of Cashman may invoke the trespass law and remove you from the premises.

Good luck.

Ken
    As a member of the public which owns the building and grounds, you being there on legitimate business, you cannot be trespassed. They will however try. This is crying out for a test case also.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    As a member of the public which owns the building and grounds, you being there on legitimate business, you cannot be trespassed. They will however try. This is crying out for a test case also.

TBG
    Okay, everybody drive to Arizona and California and buy lotto tickets for me. When I will, I'll do it! Lol
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

Quote Originally Posted by garand_guy View Post
    Okay, everybody drive to Arizona and California and buy lotto tickets for me. When I will, I'll do it! Lol
    When you win??? Glad to see you have the same kind of keyboard as I. The type that has the ever changing key button location syndrome.

Centurion
    I know of a person attending this location several years ago during the Bike Fest. The law specifying NO Concealed carry mandates that ALL entrances be posted. Since the side doors were wide open to allow Bike Fest attendees to have access to the in door vendors and not posted in any way he Concealed all day as they were Enforcing NO OPEN CARRY including knives (illegally) to even gain access to the outdoor vendor areas. No metal detectors, no lockers. He did and does have a permit recognized by NV to legally conceal!

And No, I will not identify this person! But, I know it was done!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

There is a thread on here by a member named Merlin. He was trespassed when he tried to open carry at the gun show there.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    When you win??? Glad to see you have the same kind of keyboard as I. The type that has the ever changing key button location syndrome.
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I know of a person attending this location several years ago during the Bike Fest. The law specifying NO Concealed carry mandates that ALL entrances be posted. Since the side doors were wide open to allow Bike Fest attendees to have access to the in door vendors and not posted in any way he Concealed all day as they were Enforcing NO OPEN CARRY including knives (illegally) to even gain access to the outdoor vendor areas. No metal detectors, no lockers. He did and does have a permit recognized by NV to legally conceal!

And No, I will not identify this person! But, I know it was done!
    I read that he didn't do anything wrong. They were not posted as the law requires and illegally disarmed others. He carried legally, at least as I and his attorney would see it. I think the time is soon coming (if it has not yet arrived) that we must as true, patriotic Americans, begin to ignore unconstitutional and unconscionable laws.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

Centurion
    Good one!

I read that he didn't do anything wrong. They were not posted as the law requires and illegally disarmed others. He carried legally, at least as I and his attorney would see it. I think the time is soon coming (if it has not yet arrived) that we must as true, patriotic Americans, begin to ignore unconstitutional and unconscionable laws.

I agree with your assessment and the rational for why that old fat guy did this!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 08-22-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"