Thread: MD dealer, under pressure from gun-rights activists, drops plan to sell stupid guns

MD dealer, under pressure from gun-rights activists, drops plan to sell stupid guns

Maryland dealer, under pressure from gun-rights activists, drops plan to sell ... Washington Post - ‎May 2, 2014‎ A Rockville gun store owner who said he would sell the nation's first smart gun — even after a California gun store removed the weapon from its shelves to placate angry gun-rights activists — backed down late Thursday night after enduring a day of protests ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...51c_story.html

Look at the difference between the lede and the URL version. LOL "Maryland dealer will defy gun rights advocates by selling nation's first smart gun."

What goes up must come down
    Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round
    Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
    Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...Izi2M5vi0xPdeM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-04-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I hope that they guy goes out of business. Time to get rid of anti-ffls -- he's one of them.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Who is complaining about him selling smart guns. All those guns on the wall and not one of them jumped off the wall and shot him. Those guns are pretty smart. Even the gun he grabbed off the wall didn't shoot him. What's the problem?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Who is complaining about him selling smart guns. All those guns on the wall and not one of them jumped off the wall and shot him. Those guns are pretty smart. Even the gun he grabbed off the wall didn't shoot him. What's the problem?????
    The dealer is either an idiot or total idiot. He certainly does not understand his business or customers.

There is another version of this story that has gun rights activists (unfortunately in the 'person' of NRA members) afraid of these guns for fear their mandate would diminish Second Amendment Rights. I wrote the author reporterette protesting that we were afraid of these guns mandated failing in the crux, stupid guns. I told him that there are more than 200 million guns in private hands and that there is no way to effectively mandate stupid guns in these United States; maybe in Amerikkka but not US.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The only smart gun I'd be interested in buying...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    The only smart gun I'd be interested in buying...
    Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6ANbL3SMw

Stupid guns. Smart MD dealer, but only barely. If he'd been any smarter, he'd have steered clear of them altogether.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.