Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: filing notice of treapass towns/city's within ct

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    between windsor and north grandby, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    37

    Question filing notice of treapass towns/city's within ct

    I understand it's been covered on this board, but more specifically, what is the proper procedure CT folks have used when filing notice of trespass with town agencies to keep them legally off there property?


    To be fare, I am referencing all agencies in this request, not just Leo's.


    Examples welcome
    Last edited by sidelinellc; 05-05-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: question was to narrow

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    I will watch the responses closely.

    I am considering similarly. A thug cop is also head of local EMS and I do not trust him to not cross the Fourth and Fifth Amendment lines in exigent circumstances.

    ETA your edit: I'll be a bit surprised if one can trespass a corporate entity, for failing the effective notice of common-law trespass; notice to a group allows the defense of "I wasn't told."
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-05-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Also watching closely. Something I'm not sure believe exists. Willing to be proven wrong though.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  4. #4
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    "...knowing that he is not licensed or privileged to do so..."
    Is used in every trespass law. Who is "licensed or privileged to do so" in CT?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelinellc View Post
    I understand it's been covered on this board, but more specifically, what is the proper procedure CT folks have used when filing notice of trespass with town agencies to keep them legally off there property?


    To be fare, I am referencing all agencies in this request, not just Leo's.


    Examples welcome


    NOTICE OF TRESPASS

    This Notice of TRESPASS is given to the City of XXX, address: blah blah blah

    All or ANY employees of the City of XXX who enter onto my property, located at:
    My property address
    Shall be trespassing on the property and be subject to immediate arrest.
    Do not enter the property for any reason. No further warning will be given.

    There is no perfect notice ... it's just a notice ... stating who is subject to the notice and the property and stating your control over the property. Give to clerk of town/city .. and cc the Chief of Police as a courtesy. Keep a file stamped copy for your records. You can file a FOIA request for a copy that they have ... proving that they did indeed get it without question (although your file stamped copy should be golden).

    Of course, cops can still enter your property if they have a right to enter. Warrants, arrests, etc.

    But the notice keeps them away from knocking on your door for any/no reason. If a person violates the notice, call the cops. You do not have to speak to them ~ they already have been told to stay off.

    A notice of trespass is to avoid confrontation ~ not to instigate it.

    In CT one can issue such a notice and it has the effect desired; in other locations, who knows, the worst it can be is a non-valid instrument. But still, you call the police and say there is a trespasser in violation of your notice...it will go from there.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    NOTICE OF TRESPASS

    This Notice of TRESPASS is given to the City of XXX, address: blah blah blah

    All or ANY employees of the City of XXX who enter onto my property, located at:
    My property address
    Shall be trespassing on the property and be subject to immediate arrest.
    Do not enter the property for any reason. No further warning will be given.

    There is no perfect notice ... it's just a notice ... stating who is subject to the notice and the property and stating your control over the property. Give to clerk of town/city .. and cc the Chief of Police as a courtesy. Keep a file stamped copy for your records. You can file a FOIA request for a copy that they have ... proving that they did indeed get it without question (although your file stamped copy should be golden).

    Of course, cops can still enter your property if they have a right to enter. Warrants, arrests, etc.

    But the notice keeps them away from knocking on your door for any/no reason. If a person violates the notice, call the cops. You do not have to speak to them ~ they already have been told to stay off.

    A notice of trespass is to avoid confrontation ~ not to instigate it.

    In CT one can issue such a notice and it has the effect desired; in other locations, who knows, the worst it can be is a non-valid instrument. But still, you call the police and say there is a trespasser in violation of your notice...it will go from there.
    Is there any case law or any examples of this in use? Or even the statute that lays out the usage?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Is there any case law or any examples of this in use? Or even the statute that lays out the usage?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...otice+trespass

    I have posted information on this several times .. ex: above, post #39 with some links...

    Its all state dependent ... a google scholar search may answer ? about your specific one of interest, if you have one.

    Some of the links are dead ... some examples are still linked on the post #39 ... some examples give statutory references. Such is the way of the internet.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...otice+trespass

    I have posted information on this several times .. ex: above, post #39 with some links...

    Its all state dependent ... a google scholar search may answer ? about your specific one of interest, if you have one.

    Some of the links are dead ... some examples are still linked on the post #39 ... some examples give statutory references. Such is the way of the internet.
    Thank you

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Thank you

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Your welcome .. I did note at least one case cited on the thread as well ... for the most part a good thread outlining the pratfalls and cautions and advantages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •