Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Heard on Grant County scanner

  1. #1
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489

    Heard on Grant County scanner

    Just heard a 911 dispatcher relay a report of a motorcycle rider in Moses Lake riding with a pistol on their hip.

    Responding officer over the radio called back asking, "On his hip?". His tone to me almost seemed agitated that this was even a call.

    Hope it goes well for the OC rider.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stretch; 05-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    I've seen Mad Max. This doesn't end well.


  3. #3
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Just heard a 911 dispatcher relay a report of a motorcycle rider in Moses Lake riding with a pistol on their hip.

    Responding officer over the radio called back asking, "On his hip?". His tone to me almost seemed agitated that this was even a call.

    Hope it goes well for the OC rider.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Is open carry illegal in Washington State or should they go after the 911 caller for wasting taxpayer money? I ride my Harley all over Idaho with my "pistol on my hip".

    If I was the cop I would have told dispach to call me back when he has it in his hand......and tell the caller to get a life....

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I've seen Mad Max. This doesn't end well.

    What a world ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GJcKuVGm8

  5. #5
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489
    It's legal if you're within the laws regarding operating a motor vehicle. The way it sounded, the responding officer may not even have wanted to drive to the location.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hey.....that green woman was married to me.


    I ride all over on my motorcycle with my EDC CZ82 hanging out for all to see. No worries even when sitting alongside a LEO at a traffic light. SVG rides all over on his rice rocket armed. Again no worries.
    911 op should have educated, but does the LEO have to respond to a complaint? Why, I would think Yes. Does the LEO need to get involved in the Citizens life without true RAS...I think not.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  7. #7
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489
    There is no evidence that the LEO did become involved.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Hey.....that green woman was married to me.


    I ride all over on my motorcycle with my EDC CZ82 hanging out for all to see. No worries even when sitting alongside a LEO at a traffic light. SVG rides all over on his rice rocket armed. Again no worries.
    911 op should have educated, but does the LEO have to respond to a complaint? Why, I would think Yes. Does the LEO need to get involved in the Citizens life without true RAS...I think not.
    Yep had a cop stop and look at me the other day while riding , when he noticed I noticed he was staring he waved and took the right at the light off to the blue yonder....no troubles.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Just heard a 911 dispatcher relay a report of a motorcycle rider in Moses Lake riding with a pistol on their hip.

    Responding officer over the radio called back asking, "On his hip?". His tone to me almost seemed agitated that this was even a call.

    Hope it goes well for the OC rider.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    LOL, that may have been me. Flying out of Moses Lake, both motorcycles down here. Regularly ride with a pistol on my hip. Never heard anything from the local LE.
    Last edited by av8tr1; 05-06-2014 at 01:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Is open carry illegal in Washington State or should they go after the 911 caller for wasting taxpayer money?
    Legal, so long as the rider either has a concealed pistol license or the weapon is carried unloaded. The officer can't assume it's being carried illegally, any more than he could assume that every driver on the road lacks a driver's license.

  11. #11
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Legal, so long as the rider either has a concealed pistol license or the weapon is carried unloaded. The officer can't assume it's being carried illegally, any more than he could assume that every driver on the road lacks a driver's license.
    But yet the Washington 911/cops take for gospil what a "Nervous Nelly" calls into 911 complaining about......nice.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    But yet the Washington 911/cops take for gospil what a "Nervous Nelly" calls into 911 complaining about......nice.
    If the cops MUST investigate every MWAG call, and hold the opinion that no law could ever authorize a citizen to be armed in public, perhaps we should start reporting cops for MWAG whenever we see them?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489
    But it appears no officer contact was made.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    If the cops MUST investigate every MWAG call, and hold the opinion that no law could ever authorize a citizen to be armed in public, perhaps we should start reporting cops for MWAG whenever we see them?
    Agreed, just use a burner phone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •