• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heard on Grant County scanner

Stretch

Just heard a 911 dispatcher relay a report of a motorcycle rider in Moses Lake riding with a pistol on their hip.

Responding officer over the radio called back asking, "On his hip?". His tone to me almost seemed agitated that this was even a call.

Hope it goes well for the OC rider.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

I've seen Mad Max. This doesn't end well.

road-warrior-pic.jpg

DocWalker

Just heard a 911 dispatcher relay a report of a motorcycle rider in Moses Lake riding with a pistol on their hip.

Responding officer over the radio called back asking, "On his hip?". His tone to me almost seemed agitated that this was even a call.

Is open carry illegal in Washington State or should they go after the 911 caller for wasting taxpayer money? I ride my Harley all over Idaho with my "pistol on my hip".

If I was the cop I would have told dispach to call me back when he has it in his hand......and tell the caller to get a life....

Stretch

It's legal if you're within the laws regarding operating a motor vehicle. The way it sounded, the responding officer may not even have wanted to drive to the location.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

Hey.....that green woman was married to me.

I ride all over on my motorcycle with my EDC CZ82 hanging out for all to see. No worries even when sitting alongside a LEO at a traffic light. SVG rides all over on his rice rocket armed. Again no worries.
911 op should have educated, but does the LEO have to respond to a complaint? Why, I would think Yes. Does the LEO need to get involved in the Citizens life without true RAS...I think not.

sudden valley gunner

Hey.....that green woman was married to me.

I ride all over on my motorcycle with my EDC CZ82 hanging out for all to see. No worries even when sitting alongside a LEO at a traffic light. SVG rides all over on his rice rocket armed. Again no worries.
911 op should have educated, but does the LEO have to respond to a complaint? Why, I would think Yes. Does the LEO need to get involved in the Citizens life without true RAS...I think not.

Yep had a cop stop and look at me the other day while riding , when he noticed I noticed he was staring he waved and took the right at the light off to the blue yonder....no troubles.

av8tr1

LOL, that may have been me. Flying out of Moses Lake, both motorcycles down here. Regularly ride with a pistol on my hip. Never heard anything from the local LE.

Last edited:

Difdi

Is open carry illegal in Washington State or should they go after the 911 caller for wasting taxpayer money?

Legal, so long as the rider either has a concealed pistol license or the weapon is carried unloaded. The officer can't assume it's being carried illegally, any more than he could assume that every driver on the road lacks a driver's license.

DocWalker

Legal, so long as the rider either has a concealed pistol license or the weapon is carried unloaded. The officer can't assume it's being carried illegally, any more than he could assume that every driver on the road lacks a driver's license.

But yet the Washington 911/cops take for gospil what a "Nervous Nelly" calls into 911 complaining about......nice.

Difdi

But yet the Washington 911/cops take for gospil what a "Nervous Nelly" calls into 911 complaining about......nice.

If the cops MUST investigate every MWAG call, and hold the opinion that no law could ever authorize a citizen to be armed in public, perhaps we should start reporting cops for MWAG whenever we see them?

OC Freedom

If the cops MUST investigate every MWAG call, and hold the opinion that no law could ever authorize a citizen to be armed in public, perhaps we should start reporting cops for MWAG whenever we see them?

Agreed, just use a burner phone.;)