Thread: Open Carry Texas - in UK news

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

Open Carry Texas - in UK news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me-dinner.html

I'm assuming this is just typical ignorant liberal stupidity but i'd be interested in hearing from anyone who was actually there
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Texas Moms Demand Action Statement On Intimidating And Aggressive Open Carry At Dalla

""We are alarmed and appalled by this weekend's events – but this is not an isolated incident – it is one of hundreds of similar open carry events staged across the state in the last year. Texas moms were saddened to hear that, according to Fort Worth police, employees of the Jack In The Box were terrified of the armed group and even locked themselves in a walk-in freezer to protect themselves – and we can't help but wonder, 'what if one of our teenagers worked there?'

"Among the reasons why this is disconcerting is the fact that Texas currently allows people to openly carry loaded rifles in public with absolutely no training, permitting, or minimum age requirement. Combined with the fact that an estimated 40 percent of gun sales occur without a background check in the U.S., this means that people can legally carry loaded rifles in Texas without ever having passed a criminal background check. There is no way for employees, customers, law enforcement or municipalities to know who these armed men are and whether they pose a threat.

What seems certain is that any company-wide policy will be essentially irrelevant for the vast majority of outlets, since about 80% are owned by franchisees.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...257923091.html

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ope...257751871.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...OPi6sxVZ79t4SM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-06-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Food for the antis...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Intimidating and aggressive *splutters* They can't demand anything (or not expect their demands to be met in any case) as what they demand is illegal. But it is typical of British media to publish foolishness such as that article. There needs to be major and consistent education of 2nd Amendment issues with both public and LEOs
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Food for the antis...
    ...but the mission of OCDO modified for Texas peculiarities.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Food for the antis...

They aren't allowed to open carry a pistol by law, so they open carry what they are allowed to open carry. If they would change the law, then these people could carry a holstered pistol instead of a long gun. Until then, their rights are being violated and they are raising awareness as best they can.
    Open means open...

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    You always have the option of joining the OCT Facebook group and asking them directly. There's been plenty of discussion on it already, as a matter of fact. It is a closed group so you will need to join to read.

This is interesting, apparently this local chapter and the parent org. Have decided to go separate ways: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/t...going-too-far/
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-06-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    You always have the option of joining the OCT Facebook group and asking them directly. There's been plenty of discussion on it already, as a matter of fact. It is a closed group so you will need to join to read.

This is interesting, apparently this local chapter and the parent org. Have decided to go separate ways: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/t...going-too-far/
    Ok so when the parent group says you've gone too far.... is it too far? I mean OCT doesn't seem like a bashful group of guys and seem to be all for promoting and activism but even they are saying these guys screwed up.

At least OCT seems to be seeing that and acting accordingly. How many guys are there in this group? I wonder of they will learn from the lesson or just keep doing it...

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Here is another interesting development.
    "Today, Open Carry Texas President, CJ Grisham, spoke directly with the head of corporate security for Jack In The Box who spoke personally with the employees at the restaurant in Fort Worth. The TRUTH is that NOT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE of Jack In The Box hid in a freezer nor did a single employee call 911 or the police. The 911 call was made by a couple in the restaurant. We are working to get the 911 call, the police report, and other recordings to find out where this information originated and expose those reporting false information to achieve their anti-gun agendas. Defamation of an organization in this fashion is serious business and we will not allow it to happen unchallenged. Fort Worth Police Department needs to correct their false statements immediately that painted open carry advocates unfairly in the media." - https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas
    Advocate freedom please

Ok so when the parent group says you've gone too far.... is it too far? I mean OCT doesn't seem like a bashful group of guys and seem to be all for promoting and activism but even they are saying these guys screwed up.

At least OCT seems to be seeing that and acting accordingly. How many guys are there in this group? I wonder of they will learn from the lesson or just keep doing it...

'Too far' is in the headline of the article, but no one at OCT is quoted as saying this local chapter went too far. There was more to the mutual split than this one incident. That said, it is OCT's policy to do things a certain way and it's my understanding, though I don't have first-hand information, that this local chapter prefers doing things a little differently. You would need to speak with the parties involved directly to get the exact facts. I'm not sure how many members are in the Tarrant County group but I believe that they're one of the larger local groups.

Also, in case anyone missed it, this is a couple of OCTC members with the manager of that Jack in the Box https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTe...4453231601300/ The look on his face doesn't exactly scream "terrorized" to me.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-06-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    Advocate freedom please