• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Texas - in UK news

rightwinglibertarian

Intimidating and aggressive *splutters* They can't demand anything (or not expect their demands to be met in any case) as what they demand is illegal. But it is typical of British media to publish foolishness such as that article. There needs to be major and consistent education of 2nd Amendment issues with both public and LEOs

independence

Food for the antis...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

They aren't allowed to open carry a pistol by law, so they open carry what they are allowed to open carry. If they would change the law, then these people could carry a holstered pistol instead of a long gun. Until then, their rights are being violated and they are raising awareness as best they can.

stealthyeliminator

Last edited:

Primus

You always have the option of joining the OCT Facebook group and asking them directly. There's been plenty of discussion on it already, as a matter of fact. It is a closed group so you will need to join to read.

This is interesting, apparently this local chapter and the parent org. Have decided to go separate ways: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/...p-disowned-by-organization-for-going-too-far/

Ok so when the parent group says you've gone too far.... is it too far? I mean OCT doesn't seem like a bashful group of guys and seem to be all for promoting and activism but even they are saying these guys screwed up.

At least OCT seems to be seeing that and acting accordingly. How many guys are there in this group? I wonder of they will learn from the lesson or just keep doing it...

stealthyeliminator

Here is another interesting development.
"Today, Open Carry Texas President, CJ Grisham, spoke directly with the head of corporate security for Jack In The Box who spoke personally with the employees at the restaurant in Fort Worth. The TRUTH is that NOT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE of Jack In The Box hid in a freezer nor did a single employee call 911 or the police. The 911 call was made by a couple in the restaurant. We are working to get the 911 call, the police report, and other recordings to find out where this information originated and expose those reporting false information to achieve their anti-gun agendas. Defamation of an organization in this fashion is serious business and we will not allow it to happen unchallenged. Fort Worth Police Department needs to correct their false statements immediately that painted open carry advocates unfairly in the media." - https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas

stealthyeliminator

Ok so when the parent group says you've gone too far.... is it too far? I mean OCT doesn't seem like a bashful group of guys and seem to be all for promoting and activism but even they are saying these guys screwed up.

At least OCT seems to be seeing that and acting accordingly. How many guys are there in this group? I wonder of they will learn from the lesson or just keep doing it...

'Too far' is in the headline of the article, but no one at OCT is quoted as saying this local chapter went too far. There was more to the mutual split than this one incident. That said, it is OCT's policy to do things a certain way and it's my understanding, though I don't have first-hand information, that this local chapter prefers doing things a little differently. You would need to speak with the parties involved directly to get the exact facts. I'm not sure how many members are in the Tarrant County group but I believe that they're one of the larger local groups.

Also, in case anyone missed it, this is a couple of OCTC members with the manager of that Jack in the Box https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas/photos/pcb.684454248267865/684453231601300/ The look on his face doesn't exactly scream "terrorized" to me.

Last edited: