Thread: John Adams, COTUS "made only for a moral and religious people." Bitter Clingers!

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

John Adams, COTUS "made only for a moral and religious people." Bitter Clingers!

"Rep. Louie Gohmert sent out first a quote and then a quip to rally-goers in Iowa that if John Adams thought the Constitution was for moral, righteous people, then that meant the legal document was primarily for modern-day Americans who revere both God and guns.

First the quote, from Mr. Adams from 1798: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other,” the Texas Republican said.

Mr. Gohmert then quipped, Raw Story reported: “It only is fit for people who cling to their God and their guns, you know?”"
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-06-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

earth's crust
    Gohmert was there when Adams said it right? far as legislatures saying prayers ... courts have no jurisdiction over house rules at all ... other places they would, like city council meetings.

All I hear on TV is about how the house, everyday, says a prayer.

Folks can read the decision here ^^^ if they so desire, as long as its posted there ..