Thread: Proposed Carson Ordinance Would Criminalize Bullying

White Oak Plantation

Exclamation Proposed Carson Ordinance Would Criminalize Bullying

CARSON ( — Officials in the city of Carson on Tuesday introduced an ordinance that would impose criminal penalties for anyone convicted of bullying school children and young adults.

The ordinance would make it a misdemeanor to cause any Carson residents from kindergarten through age 25 to “feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed or molested” without necessarily requiring a threat of physical harm.
    It's for the children....and young adults.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 05-07-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Árida Zona
    Someone tried to pass a similar law here in AZ, something about "trolling".
    As I recall, the bill was destroyed for being incredibly vague; I see the same thing happening here.
    Then again, it IS the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.

My guess is the antis would try to use this as an excuse for making MWAG calls. Not that they ever needed any excuses in the first place. After all, their FEELINGS were enough.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prescription for Testicles.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	11574

Thanks to stealthyeliminator for finding the photo on FB. Good find.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 05-07-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Giles County, Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    lol, yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    ill draw just as fast or faster than someone with a OC holster.

earth's crust
    I "terrorize", according to their definition, where ever I go ...

I don't think these people know the meaning of the term