Thread: SCOTUS refuses to hear "shall issue" case

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar

SCOTUS refuses to hear "shall issue" case

Kicking the can down the road, or just avoiding the issue altogether?

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/06/supre...ed-carry-laws/

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.

Banned
    Well, even in the Pureta case...the court still ruled that one can still be required to show "good cause". So that case was a bust IMO. And Pureta still will not be able to get a permit due to residency issues.

The Moore case is better from Illinois.

SCOTUS is not going to take any significant cases for years and years ... heck, it took them until Heller and McDonald to even acknowledge that we have the RKBA ~ 200 yrs to decide this ...

I don't need anyone in robes telling me what the 2nd amendment means...its pretty much self-explanatory and we have the natural right to KBA ...

Anyone hoping for relief from the gov't or SCOTUS has been deluding themselves.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, even in the Pureta case...the court still ruled that one can still be required to show "good cause". So that case was a bust IMO. And Pureta still will not be able to get a permit due to residency issues.

The Moore case is better from Illinois.

SCOTUS is not going to take any significant cases for years and years ... heck, it took them until Heller and McDonald to even acknowledge that we have the RKBA ~ 200 yrs to decide this ...

I don't need anyone in robes telling me what the 2nd amendment means...its pretty much self-explanatory and we have the natural right to KBA ...

Peruta.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

I don't always agree with you, but the folks responsible for this latest round of litigation (over may-issue licensure) are chock-full of delusion.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

the court that ruled that had no right to do so. New Jersey, California, Illinois and indeed infringements in all 50 states are there because we the militia have laid down our arms so to speak and accepted them in all but name. There is too much political back and forth, too much maneuvering for this and that. This case simply proves we as the militia need to dictate to our government.

I'm quite sure there will be those who think i'm crazy but all they need to do is look at their gun licence. Money they allowed to be extorted from them to exercise a right they had anyway
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Well, even in the Pureta case...the court still ruled that one can still be required to show "good cause". So that case was a bust IMO.
    Interesting, and correct: The court held the "good cause" was too narrow and unable to "distinguish [himself] from the mainstream," but the "good cause" requirement was not abolished altogether.

However, practical application of this is slowing resulting in "shall issue" so I do not consider it a complete bust.

And Pureta still will not be able to get a permit due to residency issues.
    Source please? Not refuting this, but didn't hear the plaintiff was actually denied the permit following the ruling...
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusly View Post
    Interesting, and correct: The court held the "good cause" was too narrow and unable to "distinguish [himself] from the mainstream," but the "good cause" requirement was not abolished altogether.

However, practical application of this is slowing resulting in "shall issue" so I do not consider it a complete bust.

Source please? Not refuting this, but didn't hear the plaintiff was actually denied the permit following the ruling...
    Just from articles I read ... I did not save the links ... perhaps someone else can confirm with a link.

Yes, saying "self defense" is a magnitude better than in NJ as they currently do. The CA court ruled like typical morons ... keep the requirement just make it meaningless.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-07-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    Kicking the can down the road, or just avoiding the issue altogether?
    They've got a lot of egg on their faces as of late. Probably trying to avoid more.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    They've got a lot of egg on their faces as of late. Probably trying to avoid more.
    They have done a good job of avoiding the issue for the last 70 years.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    They have done a good job of avoiding the issue for the last 70 years.
    When I was dealing in Illinois during the time period of Chicago handgun bans, I was selling a lot of handguns to Chgo. folks.

When Chgo's law enforcement and other agencies contacted me trying to stop me they were met by an American who told them to drop dead and that their law was unconstitutional and I would continue selling handguns to Chgo residents.

They were not happy; why? Because they hate America.

When I was dealing in Illinois during the time period of Chicago handgun bans, I was selling a lot of handguns to Chgo. folks.

When Chgo's law enforcement and other agencies contacted me trying to stop me they were met by an American who told them to drop dead and that their law was unconstitutional and I would continue selling handguns to Chgo residents.

They were not happy; why? Because they hate America.
    Is there anything you haven't done?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Is there anything you haven't done?
    I have not seen a pair of unicorns.....

I have not seen a pair of unicorns.....
    Also, reducing your post frequency to be in line with the rest of humanity.

Yours is 30% higher than Doug's, who at least seems to rarely (if ever) post just for the sake of posting.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    marshaul: In my experience, folks who love to hear themselves talk tend to have a high number of posts. The reverse is not always consistently true, however.

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.