• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mailing in pistol sales record slip.

XD40sc

MI has gun registration :eek: Sounds like NY, MA, CT or RI

22Luke36

Now David - if MI police are willing to charge a multimillionaire basketball star for not registering a pistol / possession of a pistol not registered to him - you think they are going to cut the average citizen a break? Doubtful at best. ;)

What about the oath they took, doesn't that mean anything at all?

Golden Eagle

Bottom line ... anyone going to hold it to the state to remove these illegal requirements?

I refuse to perform an act that I believe will put my life at risk.
You live in Illinois with your FOID cards and tell us you have ignored your state law to get rid of your bad law (How has that worked out for you?) and you tell us we need to fix OUR laws?

I'm more than serious Primus. I will not register anything ever. Gov't don't like it? They know where I am. I have plenty of fire extinguishers.

I do believe that suggesting we break an obvious law is against forum rule (15).

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Gun confiscation for dummies

Step #1 Make a detailed list of gun ownership...... done:eek:
I'm glad for you, that in North Carolina, you don't have to register your handguns. We've been fighting to get rid of our registration system. So far, we've managed to get rid of the "safety inspection" part. We're working on the other part but, it's not easy.

And in case any of you think that ignoring the law, or not knowing the law won't hurt you, go ask Angel Shayama, founder of keepandbeararms.com. He's had a little experience in that regard.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/1589795/posts

rightwinglibertarian

You live in Illinois with your FOID cards and tell us you have ignored your state law to get rid of your bad law (How has that worked out for you?) and you tell us we need to fix OUR laws?

I do believe that suggesting we break an obvious law is against forum rule (15).
It's not an actual law if it violates the Constitution and thus not against forum rules. Remember the people dictate to the government. They are supposed to anyway but have mostly abdicated from that duty as a citizen.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
It's not an actual law if it violates the Constitution and thus not against forum rules. Remember the people dictate to the government. They are supposed to anyway but have mostly abdicated from that duty as a citizen.

As long as the US and Michigan legal system recognize it, it is a law. And unless we can get the law reversed, we can either obey that law, or go to jail. So, unfortunately forum rule 15 does apply in this instance.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As long as the US and Michigan legal system recognize it, it is a law. And unless we can get the law reversed, we can either obey that law, or go to jail. So, unfortunately forum rule 15 does apply in this instance.

And how can one get a law reversed? One way is to not follow it, get arrested and get it knocked out by a court. Its one proper way of addressing an unjust law.

I've done this before...purposely ignored a law just to get caught so I could argue the law was wrong.

Last edited:

22Luke36

No mod, you're wrong, and this forum has had it's own rules and principles confused for a very long time. You CANNOT, with any credibility, stand here as a law abiding, founding fathers following, constitutional ly committed, Declaration of Independence acknowledging, gun rights group, accurately teaching the history of our craft, and still misunderstand the supremacy of the US and State Constitutions and the inescapable fact that they were written specifically intentionally and for no other purpose on Earth, than to nullify without due process, any law that contradicts it.

See my sig.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
And how can one get a law reversed? One way is to not follow it, get arrested and get it knocked out by a court. Its one proper way of addressing an unjust law.

I've done this before...purposely ignored a law just to get caught so I could argue the law was wrong.

I'm so glad you have the money do so. I don't.