Thread: Who sees the irony?

Who sees the irony?

I can carry this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffalosmith_zps6bafb0e5.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	11576 either openly or concealed in the State of Oklahoma, but I can't carry this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WesternW49.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	11577. I'm certain the fabric of society would be shredded by my carrying a bowie knife these days. Maybe they're worried because it doesn't have to be reloaded.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    I'm certain the fabric of society would be shredded by my carrying a bowie knife these days.
    That depends. Does the edge bite into the fabric of society, or skip right across it?
    Last edited by marshaul; 05-07-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    I can carry this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffalosmith_zps6bafb0e5.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	11576 either openly or concealed in the State of Oklahoma, but I can't carry this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WesternW49.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	11577. I'm certain the fabric of society would be shredded by my carrying a bowie knife these days. Maybe they're worried because it doesn't have to be reloaded.
    I like what you did there. Real punny.

I only see the second as iron-y (). A little bit of polishing and some oil and it will be as nice as the first.

In all seriousness though, you're trying to find logic among the illogical fears of antis. As Adam and Jamie would say "Well, there's your problem".
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 05-07-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    That depends. Does the edge bite into the fabric of society, or skip right across it?
    It's pretty sharp. Since the fabric of society is pretty rough, I figure it would snag it pretty quick!

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I like what you did there. Real punny.

I only see the second as iron-y (). A little bit of polishing and some oil and it will be as nice as the first.
    I've just got to find the Flitz®.

In all seriousness though, you're trying to find logic among the illogical fears of antis. As Adam and Jamie would say "Well, there's your problem".
    God's truth. Actually, the law dates back to statehood (1907) when bad men with knives were allegedly a real problem.
    Last edited by Elm Creek Smith; 05-09-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Bad grammar.

I have always found it hilarious that I can carry multiple handguns concealed or open, but my knife has to be 3.5 inches or less and no automatic knife. Absolutely absurd.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cds0699; 05-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

The second the states figure out a way to issue a permit or license for the carrying and possessing of a knife, then puff, we can all open carry our knifes...

My .02

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    The second the states figure out a way to issue a permit or license for the carrying and possessing of a knife, then puff, we can all open carry our knifes...

My .02

CCJ
    And the NRA and the other so called rights organizations will lead the way, while the statist card holders will beat the drums and insult anyone that speaks the truth.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I believe the NRA equivalent to knives is Knife Rights.

At least no one is talking about restricting us to knives that don't have points on them like they are in the UK...,yet.

Interestingly, the spatha, which replaced the gladius in the Roman infantry had a point while the spatha used by the cavalry had a rounded tip to prevent cavalrymen from stabbing their own feet.