• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry lunch anyone?

At Ease

Any folks in or around Washoe county want to meet up for lunch and or a bit of shootin? Let me know!

HK_Tanker

Im game. What time and where? Im open this weekend. It would be nice to meet other oc'ers in the area.

At Ease

oc lunch

Right on. How about next sunday, the 17th? meet at the bbq place on clear acre and mccarran blvd. Renoglock22 should also come.

jfrey123

I'll try to make the next one. This weekend is full up for me, but I'll be OCing on a 4x4 trail run with a bunch of Cali visitors. Always makes for a little entertainment as they realize they've visited a free state lol

jfrey123

That sounds awesome. Where do you guys do that??

Nowhere specific, various club runs and just out with friends in general. It's pretty common to see Jeepers or quad riders packing heat, especially outside the smaller towns for some reason. Hell, even if they're not carrying a pistol on their hip, you best figure every vehicle you meet off road has a gun in it. I built an AR pistol with the Sig brace for truck duty when I know I'm wheeling only on the Nevada side.

NoTownReaper

I'm in...

I should be able to make sunday.. The Pit BBQ on clear acre/McCarran? what time? I don't know many other OC'ers in Reno

Castleninja

Awhhh dang! Did the event happen? I ddnt see the thread until today, moved to the area abt 2 months ago an have been looking for a meet up.

HK_Tanker

Yep. Only 3 of us showed up tho. And sad to say The Pit BBQ seems to be closed down. We ended up going to men wielding fire downtown. First time I went there and it was pretty good I think. We were thinking about doing another get together soon if we can get more people to show up. Possibly go up to Virginia city. Or something downtown again.

jfrey123

I'll make any meet I can. But scheduling things is kinda hard with a teething 7 month old sometimes lol. Glad you all had a good time and were able to overcome and adapt the plans!