Thread: Arkansas hero department makes creepy standing army vid

Arkansas hero department makes creepy standing army vid

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=292_1398449803

I bet this jurisdiction won't respect the new permitless carry in Arkansas.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=292_1398449803

i bet this jurisdiction won't respect the new permitless carry in arkansas.
    Road trip!!!
    Last edited by Elm Creek Smith; 05-08-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

sweet video!

i live in a little town of about 10,000 people. Every saturday, i hear constant gun fire and someitmes machine gun fire from the police range wayyyyy across town. A few saturdays back, there were explosions all day. They were so loud, my dogs wouldnt go outside, you could feel it in your feet and it rattled the windows. A friend of a friend said they were doing "tactical" entry training or something along those lines.

Luckily, i havent seen a cop under 250-300lbs so im not too worried.
    Last edited by Kopis; 05-08-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    sweet video!

i live in a little town of about 10,000 people. Every saturday, i hear constant gun fire and someitmes machine gun fire from the police range wayyyyy across town. A few saturdays back, there were explosions all day. They were so loud, my dogs wouldnt go outside, you could feel it in your feet and it rattled the windows. A friend of a friend said they were doing "tactical" entry training or something along those lines.

Wow. Full auto at these ammo prices? Why not? It's tax cow money!
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I think if I were to make a video for my police department, my focus would not be on showing off the many ways in which the department is capable of using force against the citizenry. But that's just me. Maybe I'm just not tacticool enough to get it. I think it's a good sign that they at least included some video in which they weren't in full tactical gear, rolling in heavy armor, firing guns or tossing 'nades.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 05-08-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I think if I were to make a video for my police department, my focus would not be on showing off the many ways in which the department is capable of using force against the citizenry. But that's just me. Maybe I'm just not tacticool enough to get it. I think it's a good sign that they at least included some video in which they weren't in full tactical gear, rolling in heavy armor, firing guns or tossing 'nades.
    This would be over the top if it was for a department in the south side of Chicago, but for a city with a population of 70,000 in Arkansas? It's really frightening that this is where we are and not enough voters and legislators seem to be concerned. As I said, they are a standing army.

Banned
    sweet video!

They're all tough guys at the range ..when my state police said that they were going to send a SWAT team over to affect an unlawful entry into my dwelling I told them to bring a lot of body bags too.

They wimped out. They are no fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

FTFY

Modern American policing is waging WAR on the citizens they are "supposed" to protect!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-08-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Rule #19

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They're all tough guys at the range ..when my state police said that they were going to send a SWAT team over to affect an unlawful entry into my dwelling I told them to bring a lot of body bags too.

Sure you did...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

sweet video!

They don't actually need to be very mobile. By sheer numbers and firepower (not to mention protective gear) they can subdue you. That's why the Bundy ranch might have gone a little better, because they knew they didn't have the upper hand in numbers nor firepower.

Any sort of militarized mobilization (SWAT teams are just that) adheres to several principles existing since the first caveman hit another caveman with his club:

You want a disparity of force, in your favor, if you are the one attacking. This may be in numbers, positions, resources or firepower.
    You want to seem as powerful as possible in hopes the enemy backs down without a fight.

At any rate, that's what I still remember from the Art of War.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

sweet video!

I'd take experience over physical condition any day if I had to choose between the two. Just because a Roscoe can run the 100 yard dash under 10 seconds doesn't necessarily mean that individual will save your azz on the street when SHTF.

you all bring up very valid points. It is concerning at any rate.

I sometimes wonder how people like this survive not losing their jobs.

I would like to try this some time, now that I am retired( and I have a little free time).
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Some of those tactical sequences were just side-splittingly hilarious. I think my favorite was the guy 3rd back from the shield using a left-handed icepick grip. File ahead to skirmishers on line was also a hoot.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The City of Fort Lupton is a Statutory City located in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The population was 6,787 as of the 2000 census. (read this as bedroom community consisting of farm land outside denver)

retired deputy now chief of police bragged to me two years ago they have been given, by home land, 36 fully automatic machine guns as well as two armor'd personal vehicles. did i mention the force only has 8 officers!

nobody seems to be concerned of the excessive arming of small town USA by a federal agency who has no specific governmental direction.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    The City of Fort Lupton is a Statutory City located in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The population was 6,787 as of the 2000 census. (read this as bedroom community consisting of farm land outside denver)

retired deputy now chief of police bragged to me two years ago they have been given, by home land, 36 fully automatic machine guns as well as two armor'd personal vehicles. did i mention the force only has 8 officers!

nobody seems to be concerned of the excessive arming of small town USA by a federal agency who has no specific governmental direction.

ipse
    The bolded part might not be such a bad thing, when you think about it.
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    The bolded part might not be such a bad thing, when you think about it.
    “The primary mission of the department is to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States; reduce the vulnerability of the United States to terrorism; minimize the damage, and assist in the recovery from terrorist attacks that do occur within the United States....”

Today, in addition to protecting America’s borders and airports, the department is interrogating people suspected of pirating movies at Ohio theaters, seizing counterfeit NBA merchandise in San Antonio and working pickpocket cases alongside police in Albuquerque. Homeland Security agents are visiting elementary schools and senior centers to warn of dangers lurking on the Internet.

with a 61 billion dollar budget without focus or oversight...

Today, the Department of Homeland Security is the third-largest agency in the federal government, behind only the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense

http://www.abqjournal.com/390438/new...way-train.html

sorry, not sure why home land is freely supplying small town USA with vast caches of military capable weaponry.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

This is the most ridiculous tall tale I've heard from you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Some of those tactical sequences were just side-splittingly hilarious. I think my favorite was the guy 3rd back from the shield using a left-handed icepick grip. File ahead to skirmishers on line was also a hoot.
    Beat me to it. I was in stitches there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sorry, not sure why home land is freely supplying small town USA with vast caches of military capable weaponry.
    Look at it this way: we have a much better chance of convincing small town sheriffs and deputies to be friendly to our individual plight, than we do federal agents. I would prefer neither possess such weaponry, but if I were forced to make a choice, I'd prefer it be small town elected officials.
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Sure you did...

This has been well documented. You think I would just let them in my house in violation of my rights? You must think that everyone is going to cower to the sight of an armed gov't force. Bundy ranch mean anything to you?

No gov't official is allowed on my land. None. They know it...they do not enter my property.

This has been well documented. You think I would just let them in my house in violation of my rights? You must think that everyone is going to cower to the sight of an armed gov't force. Bundy ranch mean anything to you?

No gov't official is allowed on my land. None. They know it...they do not enter my property.
    Well if its documented produce said documents with quotes. Then I'll gladly recant.

Otherwise its just internet bluster. There's a few good at that around here. Thankfully not many.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1