• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas hero department makes creepy standing army vid

Kopis

sweet video!

i live in a little town of about 10,000 people. Every saturday, i hear constant gun fire and someitmes machine gun fire from the police range wayyyyy across town. A few saturdays back, there were explosions all day. They were so loud, my dogs wouldnt go outside, you could feel it in your feet and it rattled the windows. A friend of a friend said they were doing "tactical" entry training or something along those lines.

Luckily, i havent seen a cop under 250-300lbs so im not too worried.

Last edited:

77zach

sweet video!

i live in a little town of about 10,000 people. Every saturday, i hear constant gun fire and someitmes machine gun fire from the police range wayyyyy across town. A few saturdays back, there were explosions all day. They were so loud, my dogs wouldnt go outside, you could feel it in your feet and it rattled the windows. A friend of a friend said they were doing "tactical" entry training or something along those lines.

Wow. Full auto at these ammo prices? Why not? It's tax cow money!

stealthyeliminator

I think if I were to make a video for my police department, my focus would not be on showing off the many ways in which the department is capable of using force against the citizenry. But that's just me. Maybe I'm just not tacticool enough to get it. I think it's a good sign that they at least included some video in which they weren't in full tactical gear, rolling in heavy armor, firing guns or tossing 'nades.

Last edited:

77zach

I think if I were to make a video for my police department, my focus would not be on showing off the many ways in which the department is capable of using force against the citizenry. But that's just me. Maybe I'm just not tacticool enough to get it. I think it's a good sign that they at least included some video in which they weren't in full tactical gear, rolling in heavy armor, firing guns or tossing 'nades.

This would be over the top if it was for a department in the south side of Chicago, but for a city with a population of 70,000 in Arkansas? It's really frightening that this is where we are and not enough voters and legislators seem to be concerned. As I said, they are a standing army.

davidmcbeth

Banned
sweet video!

They're all tough guys at the range ..when my state police said that they were going to send a SWAT team over to affect an unlawful entry into my dwelling I told them to bring a lot of body bags too.

They wimped out. They are no fun :(

Jeff. State

Banned

FTFY

Modern American policing is waging WAR on the citizens they are "supposed" to protect!

Last edited by a moderator:

Primus

They're all tough guys at the range ..when my state police said that they were going to send a SWAT team over to affect an unlawful entry into my dwelling I told them to bring a lot of body bags too.

Sure you did...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rusty Young Man

sweet video!

They don't actually need to be very mobile. By sheer numbers and firepower (not to mention protective gear) they can subdue you. That's why the Bundy ranch might have gone a little better, because they knew they didn't have the upper hand in numbers nor firepower.

Any sort of militarized mobilization (SWAT teams are just that) adheres to several principles existing since the first caveman hit another caveman with his club:

You want a disparity of force, in your favor, if you are the one attacking. This may be in numbers, positions, resources or firepower.
You want to seem as powerful as possible in hopes the enemy backs down without a fight.

At any rate, that's what I still remember from the Art of War.:p

SpringerXDacp

sweet video!

I'd take experience over physical condition any day if I had to choose between the two. Just because a Roscoe can run the 100 yard dash under 10 seconds doesn't necessarily mean that individual will save your azz on the street when SHTF.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Some of those tactical sequences were just side-splittingly hilarious. I think my favorite was the guy 3rd back from the shield using a left-handed icepick grip. File ahead to skirmishers on line was also a hoot.

stay safe.

solus

The City of Fort Lupton is a Statutory City located in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The population was 6,787 as of the 2000 census. (read this as bedroom community consisting of farm land outside denver)

retired deputy now chief of police bragged to me two years ago they have been given, by home land, 36 fully automatic machine guns as well as two armor'd personal vehicles. did i mention the force only has 8 officers!

nobody seems to be concerned of the excessive arming of small town USA by a federal agency who has no specific governmental direction.

ipse

Gallowmere

The City of Fort Lupton is a Statutory City located in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The population was 6,787 as of the 2000 census. (read this as bedroom community consisting of farm land outside denver)

retired deputy now chief of police bragged to me two years ago they have been given, by home land, 36 fully automatic machine guns as well as two armor'd personal vehicles. did i mention the force only has 8 officers!

nobody seems to be concerned of the excessive arming of small town USA by a federal agency who has no specific governmental direction.

ipse

The bolded part might not be such a bad thing, when you think about it. ;)

solus

The bolded part might not be such a bad thing, when you think about it. ;)

“The primary mission of the department is to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States; reduce the vulnerability of the United States to terrorism; minimize the damage, and assist in the recovery from terrorist attacks that do occur within the United States....”

Today, in addition to protecting America’s borders and airports, the department is interrogating people suspected of pirating movies at Ohio theaters, seizing counterfeit NBA merchandise in San Antonio and working pickpocket cases alongside police in Albuquerque. Homeland Security agents are visiting elementary schools and senior centers to warn of dangers lurking on the Internet.

with a 61 billion dollar budget without focus or oversight...

Today, the Department of Homeland Security is the third-largest agency in the federal government, behind only the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense

http://www.abqjournal.com/390438/news/homeland-security-a-runaway-train.html

sorry, not sure why home land is freely supplying small town USA with vast caches of military capable weaponry.

ipse

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

This is the most ridiculous tall tale I've heard from you yet.

Gallowmere

sorry, not sure why home land is freely supplying small town USA with vast caches of military capable weaponry.

Look at it this way: we have a much better chance of convincing small town sheriffs and deputies to be friendly to our individual plight, than we do federal agents. I would prefer neither possess such weaponry, but if I were forced to make a choice, I'd prefer it be small town elected officials.