• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Story from Detroit.

Gallowmere

"Paris Ainsworth lived up to her nickname “Rambo.” After two attackers shot her four times, she whipped out her .45 caliber handgun and fired off eight rounds at the fleeing punks."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/136659-pistol-packin-grannie-gets-shot-three-times-lets-detroit-thugs-know-shes-packin-worst-way/

I have to hand it to her: managing to return fire after being hit four times (and actually wounding at least one of them) speaks volumes for consistent and constant practice.

Oh, and it wasn't specifically mentioned, but this certainly makes a good example for carrying in Condition 1. Since she was hit in her off-hand, having to rack the slide very well could have cost her life. Since it was 8 shots that she returned, I am having to assume that it was a single stack .45 ACP in Condition 1 (at 7+1). ;)

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
"Paris Ainsworth lived up to her nickname “Rambo.” After two attackers shot her four times, she whipped out her .45 caliber handgun and fired off eight rounds at the fleeing punks."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/136659-pistol-packin-grannie-gets-shot-three-times-lets-detroit-thugs-know-shes-packin-worst-way/

I have to hand it to her: managing to return fire after being hit four times speaks volumes for consistent and constant practice.

Oh, and it wasn't specifically mentioned, but this certainly makes a good example for carrying in Condition 1. Since she was hit in her off-hand, having to rack the slide very well could have cost her life. Since it was 8 shots that she returned, I am having to assume that it was a single stack .45 ACP in Condition 1 (at 7+1). ;)

Looked like she had a sig p220 (same round count)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
These grannies can be tough ... I was in court a few years ago and a granny was there where she ran out with her shotgun and chased folks off her land.

The KY (over in the hills) judge made her promise not to do it again (not kidding~ that was her punishment).

My case outcome while I was there for driving 120 MPH on I64~ not guilty.

Kopis

Has anyone read the article? It's great....

'If I wouldn't have had my gun I would be dead today,' the grandmother-of-four told WDIV. 'This is ludicrous, the way that they are just robbing and trying to take stuff from people, and killing people.'

Ainsworth said she was returning home to the 15400 block of Beaverland from a double shift on the weekend, when she saw two men approaching her.
She said she slipped her handgun into her pocket before she got out of the car. She said one of the men then shot her four times - three in the side and once in the hand.
'He said, 'Don't pull it,' and he shot immediately',' Ainsworth said.

Ainsworth then pulled out her gun and fired.
'I said, 'You mother (expletive),' and pulled out (my gun) and started shooting. One, he was right in the middle of the street. The other one was right here on the (side of the street),' she said.
When the alleged attackers fled, Ainsworth waited on a neighbor's porch until EMS arrived.
'I kept applying pressure to my side and where the blood was coming from,' she said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pulls-gun-hospitalizes-one.html#ixzz31Fkk58mQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

She's a bad ass.... no way i could take four rounds and return fire!

article-2623851-1DAEFCA700000578-468_634x473.jpg

article-2623851-1DAEFC9B00000578-320_306x423.jpg

If you watch the video, the reporter asked her if
is it possible that he was just shooting you in self defense because you had a gun?
.. way to spin the news to make the criminal seem like a victim!

Worst part is that she probably voted for politicians that want to take away or restrict her gun rights.

Last edited:

Gallowmere

She's a bad ass.... no way i could take four rounds and return fire!

If you watch the video, the reporter asked her if .. way to spin the news to make the criminal seem like a victim!

Worst part is that she probably voted for politicians that want to take away or restrict her gun rights.

I'm fairly certain that they thought they had screwed up, and accidentally shot at a Terminator at that point.

As for the voting, you're probably right. Unfortunately, even the people who seek to defend themselves are often duped by the way people selling gun control, choose to word their statements and queries.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If you watch the video, the reporter asked her if .. way to spin the news to make the criminal seem like a victim!

All blacks who own guns are going to shoot people .... that's what many white folks think ... and the politicians have been putting down the blacks RKBA for over a hundred years.

The question of the reporter does not surprise me at all. It should be a wake up call to the blacks in this country.

Gallowmere

All blacks who own guns are going to shoot people .... that's what many white folks think ... and the politicians have been putting down the blacks RKBA for over a hundred years.

The question of the reporter does not surprise me at all. It should be a wake up call to the blacks in this country.

As Colion Noir put it: "Are there white people who don't want black people to have guns? Of course...and their names are Michael Bloomberg and Dianne Feinstein."

Kopis

Bless her heart !!! She needs a larger magazine, I carry a 5.7 with 20 rounds

or an AK draco pistol! MOTHA F*****S!!! i cant believe she said that on TV. "IF" i were to yell something like that in the heat of the moments, i probably wouldnt repeat it.

Primus

"He said don't pull it" then shot her immediately. Does that mean he saw the gun then shot her?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Bernymac

"He said don't pull it" then shot her immediately. Does that mean he saw the gun then shot her?

Where is (Gecko)21sfpistol???...he should be discussing this scenario! :uhoh:
Or at least teach her how to "draw faster from concealed".

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Soooo glad this worked out for this lady. Clearly a case of self defense, it is a shame she could not have shot them before they shot her.

WalkingWolf

Or.... It could have been someone who knows she carries.
Sounds like it isn't a secret.

Just my opinion~~but it sounds to me like they targeted her as a victim. Then when already into the crime they realized she had a gun, instead of doing the smart thing and running they continued. Dumb crooks go to jail, lady did a fantastic job of defending herself, shame she got wounded though.

Primus

Or.... It could have been someone who knows she carries.
Sounds like it isn't a secret.

True but then it would be the first ever documented case of someone targeting someone knowing they had the gun. So I don't know.

IMHO it seems like they didn't know. They went to rob her like anyone else. She reacted by going for her gun. They saw this and it escalated it into a shoot out instead of a robbery. Luckily she won the shoot out. I stress luckily.

Goes back to of your going to go for a gun be prepared to use it. Clearly she was so good on her.

WalkingWolf

True but then it would be the first ever documented case of someone targeting someone knowing they had the gun. So I don't know.

IMHO it seems like they didn't know. They went to rob her like anyone else. She reacted by going for her gun. They saw this and it escalated it into a shoot out instead of a robbery. Luckily she won the shoot out. I stress luckily.

Goes back to of your going to go for a gun be prepared to use it. Clearly she was so good on her.

I agree and I stress the same. She had no choice, but in the case of a choice between property and life, the wise choice is life. This was a serious threat to life, not a simple purse snatching, THIS LADY IS A TRUE HERO. Not a wannabe cop/cowboy/hero.