Thread: Problem Nominee for U.S. 4th Cir. Ct. Apps.

Problem Nominee for U.S. 4th Cir. Ct. Apps.

Pamela Harris nominated by Md. Senators Mikulski and Cardin. Any question on how she'd rule on questions involving the right to personal defense? I think this is going to require some concerted action in the Senate.

Pamela Harris Nominated to Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Pamela Harris nominated by Md. Senators Mikulski and Cardin. Any question on how she'd rule on questions involving the right to personal defense? I think this is going to require some concerted action in the Senate.

With Reid having invoked the Nuclear Option, he only needs 51 votes, and his mindless minions will do whatever he says...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post

How do I get to read hjat without creating an account to read a limited number of "free" articles per month?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    How do I get to read hjat without creating an account to read a limited number of "free" articles per month?

stay safe.
    Try this link. If that doesn't work, then enter the terms [Pamela Harris Nominated to Fourth Circuit] into a Google search box, and see if any of those resulting links work.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Try this link. If that doesn't work, then enter the terms [Pamela Harris Nominated to Fourth Circuit] into a Google search box, and see if any of those resulting links work.

TFred
    Your link is just as bad. I'm not having any problems getting the article in question - just a problem with being directed through an inpenetatable wall of registration.

[rant]It would be nice if folks would try out their links to make sure there are no paywalls/registrations that must be negotiated. Or at least warn of the impediment.[/rant]

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Your link is just as bad. I'm not having any problems getting the article in question - just a problem with being directed through an inpenetatable wall of registration.

[rant]It would be nice if folks would try out their links to make sure there are no paywalls/registrations that must be negotiated. Or at least warn of the impediment.[/rant]

stay safe.
    Unfortunately, it's not that simple. That is why I provided the directions that I did. When I ran the Google search, the first hit took me to the same article, where I was able to load and read it with no paywall. But if you notice, the link has a key embedded in it, a unique code that can be tracked by the web server. Many of these paywall sites have an arrangement with Google to allow in hits from the search engine, but not links from another page or forum, such as this one. There may be other issues or provisions that might prevent your own search from going through as well, but using the method I posted, I was able to read the article without providing any other information.

Key point: Even if you DO check links, that is no guarantee that they will work the same for everyone, or even anyone else.

TFred

stay safe.
    I agree skidmark. I hate it when someone posts a link and tells everybody to check it out then when I click on the link I am bombarded with pop-up ads and when I finally get through all that crap I am expected to divulge a lot of personal information in order to register to read what ever article is being referenced. I never follow through. That seems to be a common problem, not just on OCDO but on a lot of other boards and websites.

I won't register to read.

roN

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    Link verification can succeed for the poster, and fail for the reader, due to things like sessions/cookies. My go-to test is to try it in a browser I don't use daily, like Opera or Firefox, which aids in avoiding the aforementioned pitfalls. But to rant over/assume a non-working link was not tested is folly.

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    .... But to rant over/assume a non-working link was not tested is folly.

μολών λαβέ
    But if I did not rant about that we might have had an actual discusion of the merits and pitfalls/failings of the nominee. What good would that have been?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit