• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Article - Only Open Carrier's Rights Matter (Apparently)

Michigander

Actually if I remember correctly no they did not.

Yep, they are good at taking credit for things other people do, and otherwise jumping on the bandwagon after the hard work is done. My understanding is that it was the SAF that took on both the Heller and McDonald cases, and that the NRA threw their 2 cents in after the fact.

FreeInAZ

Yep, they are good at taking credit for things other people do, and otherwise jumping on the bandwagon after the hard work is done. My understanding is that it was the SAF that took on both the Heller and McDonald cases, and that the NRA threw their 2 cents in after the fact.

The NRA has also taken credit for things that they had nothing do with. AzCDL can vouch for that here in AZ. Hey, if Al Gore invented the internet on his own....anything is possible, I guess? :confused:
Sarcasm off /

Michigander

Yep, they seem to do it a lot.

It was before my time, but I have heard, and maybe some of you guys can confirm, that MCRGO got shall issue done with heavy grass roots activism, and that the NRA later tried to take credit.

What have they done in AZ, apart from see to it that OCing where booze is sold is illegal? (CC only, with license, for those who aren't familiar)

FreeInAZ

Not to nitpick, but since we're all about proper quotes and semantics here, the actual quote was "I took the initiative in creating the internet", which is far less pretentious.

You'll note the lack of quotes, it was sarcasm. Good ole Al & the ARPA NET. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
:rolleyes:
So I'll rephrase - the NRA often claims they got the ball rolling (or took the initiative ) on things they did little or NOTHING on. ;) The NRA - while better than nothing, is full of people at the top, that are not true supporters of the 2nd Amendment, IMHO. Thus they pick & choose who they will help & who they screw over. Michigander brings up a fine example of how they "helped" us here in AZ.

Evil Creamsicle

You'll note the lack of quotes, it was sarcasm. Good ole Al & the ARPA NET. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
:rolleyes:
So I'll rephrase - the NRA often claims they got the ball rolling (or took the initiative ) on things they did little or NOTHING on. ;) The NRA - while better than nothing, is full of people at the top, that are not true supporters of the 2nd Amendment, IMHO. Thus they pick & choose who they will help & who they screw over. Michigander brings up a fine example of how they "helped" us here in AZ.

Yeah unfortunately it seems to be a trend.

Group has good cause, group gains following, group gains attention, people seeking power gain control of group, group becomes profit center by alienating original cause. You can find examples of it running rampant sadly.